January 13, 2013

I did it!

 
I just submitted my essay on Communication! What a bear of a paper to write -- considering that this is a relatively new field for me. Give me English Literature any day, and I would slide right on through with NO FEAR. This paper was critical. I had to write a cogent and serious essay to include with my application to Regent University. I did it. I am done! Now I have to wait for the Lord to provide acceptance and a scholarship. I am so relieved to have this behind me. I am so excited to think that I have done everything asked, and now it is up to Him to show me the way.

Dear Lord,

I have faithfully followed after you. I have trusted you and believed that Regent University was your choice for my doctoral education. It has been over three years since you first placed Regent's School of Communication and the Arts on my heart, and began leading me to this program. I didn't understand why you wanted this program for me. I didn't understand how I would do it, and I didn't think it was possible. Now three years later, with Masters in hand, I have applied to this school for consideration to begin June 2013. I am believing in faith that this is your will for my life, and this is what you want for me. I ask now that you go before me, prepare my way. I ask that you give me favor with the committee that will review my application materials. I ask that you impress upon them how serious I am about doing your will, going your way, and living my life to bring you honor. I ask Lord that you accomplish your will, that you do what you desire, and that you bring Glory to your Name. I ask all this in Jesus' Name. Amen, so be it. Thy will be done. Selah (pause and calmly think about it!)

No comments: