March 11, 2013

Reflections

I stayed home today. I was not feeling well when I woke up, and I decided to call in sick. I am at the very end of my rope when it comes to my job at CVS Caremark. I think I have passed the "go" mark and now I am no longer willing to tolerate the job or the responsibilities that go along with it.

I don't mean to complain - AGH! I actually blogged a couple weeks ago, promising that I would not complain anymore. Oh well, so much for good intentions, eh?

I guess I am just down to the frazzle point, the nub, you know -- that place where there is not much left to rub anymore. Now it just seems to me that I am irritated all the time, frustrated, and feeling as though nothing really matters. I mean, really - does it matter? Hardly. My job is a good job. I am thankful for it, but the workload is unbearable, and the unending demands are becoming annoying. I so want to shout out "Just go away!"

I am funny this way. I think about shouting that out, but in reality, I trod on. I just pick up my ditty bag and walk on. I am tired of walking on, and I so would appreciate a good long rest. I know that the Lord has me covered and that He is well aware of my breaking point. I am trusting Him for His provision, and I am thanking Him for each new bouquet of hope. He is so very good to me, so very good to me.

Today is a new day. I saw this cartoon posted by a friend on my Facebook page. It made me smile, so I thought I would share it here.


Isn't this how it should be? As Christian's we are supposed to be rejoicing in each day the Lord gives to us. Rain or shine, happiness or sorrow -- we are to rejoice. Always rejoice.

"Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again--rejoice!" ~Phi. 4:4 NLT

Yes, I need to remember that every day is a gift from God, and that as His child, I am blessed to receive it. With Joy and with Thanksgiving, I receive His gift to me. I rejoice -- am filled with joy -- at the gift, and I give thanks to the Giver of all Good things.

No comments: