April 20, 2013

It's a GREAT Day!

I woke up this morning feeling refreshed. Oh, my -- what a nice feeling! I didn't have to drag myself out of bed, and I was able to linger a bit before heading downstairs to feed the cats. I am not quite as sore as I thought I would be - I mean - I am 50 and I did play baseball and sand volleyball at our team-builder picnic yesterday. I was pretty miserable last night, but six Advil's did the trick, and I slept like a baby. God is so very GOOD to me!! PTL - for today is the day He has made, and I am rejoicing in it!!

I am a little panicked, though. I wish I could say that I was a "cool as a cucumber," but there is a part of me that is starting to worry about those pesky Regent University details. I need to make air and hotel reservations for my summer course. I am worried about the money - not being here yet (financial aid) - and having to put it all on my credit cards. LOL! I know the Lord has me covered, still -- I am getting that sinking feeling whereby I start to doubt His provision. Stop it, Carol -- Just STOP IT!

So today is a Good day, and God is in His Heaven, and all is right in His World. Our world -- NAH!! His World -- Amen, So Be It -- Always His Will Be Done.

The events of this past week have been difficult to watch as they unfolded on TV news. I was shocked by the horror of all those innocent people being blown to bits by pressure cooker bombs. I was even more shocked to find out that the two men (supposed assailants) were seemingly "normal" people. I know that most of the time, these kinds of suspects put on that "I am normal" facade only to keep hidden a deep-seated hatred of other human beings.

I was having this conversation with my son yesterday, and the thought occurred to me: People who hate another country (using America as an example) aren't really that unique. I mean, if you say you "hate" someone, some group, some ethnicity or country -- truthfully -- you are admitting that you carry hatred around inside of you. You are the one with the problem, not the person, the group, the race or country you supposedly hate.

I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but after sitting with the thought for a while, it just dawned on me that when you hate, you do what Jesus declared -- you commit murder in your heart. There is no justifiable reason to hate, yet the world is full of it. Hatred boils down from a hardened heart turned against God, and the evil that builds inside, percolates to the surface, and comes out in all sorts of ways.

I am sorry to say this, but the Word of God is clear on this point -- you cannot have love and hate within the same body. You cannot bring bitter water from a fresh spring. You cannot have these opposites living within you, so if you confess Jesus Christ, if you say you love God, then it is impossible for you to hate anything.

I may be rallied against for saying this, but in my opinion, all people who hate are the same. It really doesn't matter what brand of hate they brandish. They can be Islamic terrorists or home-grown White Supremacists. They could be any flavor, any nationality, and yes, any religion. There are people who are filled by hate, and controlled by their evil intentions. These are the people who hurt other people, and who attempt to do so by justifying their position based on politics or on religious fervor.

"Romans 1:29-32: They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they know God's decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them."

My life has seen its share of hate. I am tired of it, and I am tired of the political rumblings, the finger pointing, and the accusations. I see these people (who commit these crimes) as being part of a global group -- haters of mankind. These people all have one thing in common -- they hate other people -- and they allow that hate to control their actions so as to inflict great pain and suffering on whomever they are targeting.

"Joshua 1:9; Don't be afraid or dismayed. The Presence of God will mend, repair and heal every place you have been hurt! Let the master surgeon do what only He can do!"

These people need to be prayed for, and we must understand that the nature of that hatred stems from one source only. They are filled with evil intentions, evil thoughts, and evil actions. Their nature has been corrupted and they are consumed by their desire to hurt other people.

"Ephesians 4:32; Be ye kind one to another; tenderhearted, forgiving one another; even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

Joyce Meyer says "hurting people hurt people" -- I believe this statement is true. People who hurt others with such random acts of violence are people who are filled with hurt, and who see the only way to stop the hurt is to punish anyone and everyone who is around them.

Dear Lord,

You have called us to love one another. Your Word says that the brethren are to dwell in unity. I understand that these words are for those of us within the Church; however, we are also told that as much as possible, we are to be at peace with our neighbors, to show love and mercy towards everyone. When we see these kinds of acts wrought out on innocent people, we are reminded of how much love needs to be shown to this dying and hurting world. We know that we cannot even attempt to heal all the hurt that exists in the world, but we can do our part. We can be your hands and feet, speaking your words in love, and showing mercy towards those who do not deserve it. We can be your representatives, your ambassadors, and your ministers to bring hope, to bring peace, and to bring love to a hurting world. I ask now to be emboldened with a love for my fellow man, and to not distinguish anyone based upon their race, their sex, or their political/religious belief. I want to work and minister as you did -- unbiased, and without judgment -- so that the world (my little corner of the world) will see You in all that I say and do. In Jesus' Name I ask and pray this now. Amen, So Be It, Thy Will be Done. Selah (Pause and calmly think about it).

No comments: