May 27, 2013

Moved In

The weekend of  "dread" has finally arrived. I hate moving. I absolutely hate moving. No matter how much planning I do, how I "prep", and how I stage the weekend, I still feel overwhelmed by the process of moving.  It didn't help that I was in Chicago for three days last week - that took a big chunk of time and energy out of this move. Moreover, I am in the middle of a very large project at work, and I have extra responsibility now. Compound all of that with that fact that I am three weeks into my first doctoral class, and I have assignments due -- AGH -- I am stressed, stressed, stressed.

The good news is that so far everything has worked out well. The cats are transitioning to the new home, getting used to my parents being in the house, and finding that they like a house again. I have almost the entire town home emptied, with the exception of my son's room. I have one more "move day" and I should be able to move the rest of the house items in one or two trips.

We have a slight hiccup with the fact that my mattress and box springs are at the town home, and the mattress I am sleeping on is going to my cousin's house. The cats are currently under the bed, so they will be disrupted, and with the stress of the move, I worry a bit about them handling another upset. Hopefully we can bring my bed over, and do a "switch-er-roo" so they will hide in the closet and in 10 minutes, be able to get back under the bed again. They may find there way over to my parents room, which really would be the better solution. They could hide out there during the day, and move back to my bed once the dust settles.

Right now, I am trying to get my almost 20-year old to move. He made the plan for today, and we were supposed to be over at the house at 8 a.m. It is now 10 a.m. and I am here blogging instead of packing and moving. LOL!

I am tired, but I can see the light at the end of this tunnel. It has been a long road from 2011 when I moved from the home I shared with my husband to a rented town home. Now I have come full circle considering I left my parents home almost 29 years ago (in September) and I am now moved back in with them. It is a good feeling to be here, even though the down-sizing has been difficult. I see the value in my being a part of their lives in this way. I see the way they appreciate what I can do to help them, and I know that I can help make a difference in these remaining years of their lives.

Of course, work and school is taking its toll on me. I am praying that the Lord's Grace will continue to cover me, and that I will have time to rest and recover this summer. My trip to Regent should be a wonderful time, a blessed experience where I can rest and study with my classmates. I feel that God has provided this time for me to discover his purposes and plans, and that through Regent my worldview will be shaped and molded to meet his exact needs and specifications. God is so very good to me. He is so very good.

In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation. ~1 Peter 5:10 NLT

No comments: