June 23, 2013

Moving Forward

Packing up and moving forward. This is God's will for my life. I know it, I feel it, and I am stepping out in faith to follow His leading. He is Good, so very Good.

Today was a strange day. First off, I had a very enjoyable morning at church. Our church is in transition, and there are certain changes taking place that I am not comfortable with, but cannot see that my view will stop the forward progression of church growth. Yes, all in the name of church growth -- the old, comfortable, and safe haven of our small community is becoming a mega-church like program with praise and worship, corporate building campaigns, and coffee shacks. It is hard to see the warm and friendly place I called "home" change and become a mega mall atmosphere with entertainment, state of the art media, and renown teachers and preachers (visiting from larger MCs around the country). I miss the old way we did things, and I miss the old friends who came every Sunday, sat with me after church for coffee and cookies, and who shared in our collective sense of community. Everything is different now. Everyone is different. It is a changing dynamic, and I am uncomfortable with this kind of change.

I digress. I am actually using my experience at church to form the foundation of a research proposal for my doctoral course. I am looking at the role of church as an organization, and the social identity which is formed through the mixed message of theo-communication and multimedia. Interesting points to consider, not sure they are worthy of study, but I am going to use them just the same.

On the other front - I am moving ahead with the plans I feel the Lord has for me. I have decided to follow Him and look to Him for His provision of a new job. I applied to a couple places today, sort of odd places that I found through the online jobs boards. We will see what happens, but for the record, I am not sitting still. I am moving and I am fully clothed in His armor and standing firm against the attack of the devil. I know he wants me down and out, and I know that he wants to keep me depressed. No can do, devil man. I am confident in the Lord. I am boasting in His Name, and I am resting in His Provision. He is good, He is so very good to me.

As I type this out, I am falling asleep. I don't feel well, and I was planning on finishing my paper tonight. I did read the rest of my journal articles (PTL!), but now I am thinking that I might end up staying home tomorrow. I feel sick, sort of a tired, head achy sick. I think I ate something that disagreed with me, so I think I will stay home tomorrow and finish my paper and end my course on a very high note. Perhaps the Lord desires I stay home too. Wouldn't it be sweet if I got a call from a head hunter or recruiter tomorrow. Oh, wow! That would be awesome. If not, no worries. I will just go to work on Tuesday, and deal with the drama as best I can. Then Wednesday, I will work from home, and spend Thursday and Friday in the office. The weekend will be here before I can say it, so I am good. Even if I feel crummy right now.

Lastly, I am thinking about what to do next. I am considering plans, and I feel the Lord pressing in on me to consider something different. I don't know - maybe I just feel sick -- and that is why I think He wants me to do something different. Oh well - I am trusting Him. I am loving Him. I am waiting on Him.

God is so very good to me, so very good to me all the time!

No comments: