July 18, 2013

Moving Forward

It is Thursday p.m. and I have another 30 minutes at work before I can go home. I actually don't have any work to do, but if I log out early, my manager will notice that I am gone, and that could signal an issue. I will have more work to do soon, but today, I accomplished all my tasks, and now I am sitting here with nothing to do. I hate having nothing to do, and waiting for the clock to strike 4:30 p.m. so I can go home.

I know, I should have come in earlier today, but I am comfortable working at 8:00. I have been coming in around 8:15 each am, and I think that is a symptom of the fact that I am burnt out and that I am ready to move on.


I did get good news that I passed my background screening check at GCU. This means that I am ready to start there on 8/26. I prayed about the missing income this morning, and determined to trust the Lord to provide for me. I applied for an online position as a Learning Facilitator at Estrella Mountain CC. This position would be tutoring students in their online writing center. It sounds good, and if I was hired at the max hourly wage, it would make up the shortfall each month. In fact, now that I calculate it, I think I would be able to make $500 more per month than what I am making now. Sweet!

So as I sit here at my desk, in my lonely little corner of the building, I am thinking about all that God has done for me recently. I found out that my colleague who sits next to me will be moving to another department soon. My other colleague has applied for a position in another state, and a third is having a solid interview with his old group. My manager has expressed concern that so many people are leaving the group, and said that she would be shutting down the "posting out" process (I am not certain she can do that).

In a way, I am glad that she cannot stop me from leaving, and that I will be going outside the company. I am glad that I am NOT waiting around for an internal position.

God has provided a wonderful teaching/learning opportunity for me at GCU. I am so excited to be offered this chance to be trained as faculty. In addition, if I were able to get this other position and it would be online, so I could telecommute, then I could make plenty of money between now and when I graduate with my PhD. In truth, I probably could earn about 3/4 more each month once I am hired on Adjunct. God is so amazingly good to me.

On top of all this excitement, I heard back from my professor today. He wrote me a nice note, and said that I received an "A" in his class. My first doctoral class - and I got an "A!" I give all the praise and glory to God above - He is behind all this, and He deserves all the credit!!

Ok, it is now 4:11, and I will stick this out until 4:30. I am clock-watching, but the time will go quickly once I focus on my blog post, and stop looking at that little ticking hand.

I prayed about the money thing this morning, and I let it go - saying to the Lord that I trusted Him for His provision. I meant it, really I did. I know that He is behind all this change, and that He wouldn't hurt me or my family. He knows our needs, and He knows what the next 3-6 months will bring. He knows everything, and I am being foolish to think I know better than Him.

Oh yes - I paid for my online research class today. That was a step of faith as well - it was a big chunk of money going over to UOPX, and I was panicked to let it go. However, in looking at the class again, I realize why God asked me to take this course. The content will so well prepare me for my doctoral research classes. I will learn so much practical information, and I will be able to use it right away. I have two seminars coming up, one in critical research methods, and the other a plain History class. After those, however, I have two research courses back to back. I need these prep classes to help me be well prepared for those classes. I know that God had this all planned out, and while I was panicking over how I was going to take all these classes and work, He knew exactly what I would do and how I would do it.

Thank you, Jesus, for your Presence and Provision of these classes, my grade, my new work, and my new potential work. I am trusting you to provide for me, and to do this work through me. I give you all the praise, and I lift up your Name to honor and adore you. In your Name I pray now, Amen. So be it, thy will be done. Selah! (Pause and calmly think about it!)

No comments: