July 10, 2013

New Opportunities on the Horizon

Good Wednesday Morning! It is a good day today, and I am very glad that I am able to work from home. I have some little tummy bug, and between feeling queasy, and like I need to be close to the bathroom, it is good to be home today.

I am very excited to report that I have a job interview scheduled for tomorrow at lunch. I submitted my resume to Northcentral University two weeks ago. They were looking for an Academic Advisor, and I thought I would like to go back into higher education and help students. Yes, I know - it is like what I did at UOPX - except that I won't be recruiting students, only working to retain them. I am not sure if this is what I want to do, but it would be a welcome change from the work I am doing now, and all the conflict within my department.

I have another application in process at NCU, so if this doesn't work out, perhaps that one will. I also applied for an internal Proposals position at CVS Caremark, but right now, my desire is to move to a new company, preferrably Higher Education, and stay put until I finish my PhD. I need to be back in an environment where education is valued, and members are encouraged to continue to advance their careers and abilities through education. My current employer doesn't value education, and is not supportive of team members taking classes and working. They are all about work - with no life - balance. I need to do something different.

My hope is that I will find the interview and the school to my liking and that I will be offered a job. I would like to turn in my notice as soon as possible, to avoid issues in my current job, and to give me the opportunity to leave before we get closer to the start of the 2014 Welcome Season.

I am already involved in a complex privacy case - the fiftieth or so since we started to use this vendor. I know that this vendor is not going to improve their production and quality control. This means that staying in my job any longer than necessary, simply means I will be dealing with massive privacy issues throughout the welcome season and into next year. I do not want to do this again - not after last year. My company is bent on "doing it again." What is that saying by Albert Einstein,

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

This is exactly what my company is doing in regard to this vendor. We are still using this vendor, and we are planning to give them more business throughout the rest of the year. It makes no sense to me, and if history is any indicator, our department is doomed to fail our customers once again. I don't want to be a part of this process, and this team. I want out, and whether that is an internal move or leaving the company and going elsewhere, I am all game.

Therefore, I am excited at this opportunity - and whether it develops is immaterial. I am simply happy to be moving forward and to be called for an interview. I am trusting God to speak through me, to work the details, and to make this job available to me. He is Good all the time, and I know He knows me well. He knows what will work and what will not work, and I am resting in His Choice of the next job. God be Praised - He is Good all the time!!

Dear Lord,

Thank you for opening a door up for me to interview for a position at another online school. My preference would be to work with students in a face-to-face capacity, but I am willing to work with them on the phone again. I like that I will be helping them with their studies, and not trying to recruit them (though we will find out if that is part of the equation). I will certainly help them, but I don't want to get back into the recruiting business side of education. I am asking for your Grace to provide a different job to me. If this is the job of your choosing, so be it. If not, then I ask you will give me opportunity to demonstrate my skills, and let this be a stepping stone to the position you have in mind for me. In all things, may this be your will, and may I rest in your Name, knowing that you are able to do all things for me, and for your will. I ask this now in Jesus' Name - Amen! So be it. Thy will be done. Selah (Pause and calmly think about it!)


No comments: