July 24, 2013

Oh Happy Day!

Well, I am on-boarded at GCU (almost). I am officially registered for training next Monday, and I am scheduled for orientation on 8/14. So far, I think I am moving along nicely, and I will be ready to start classes on the 26th of August.

I gave my notice to my current employer yesterday. I realized that I could give them 2 weeks notice, but I decided to honor the Lord, and give them as much notice as possible. I know that they will have difficulty replacing me because I have been integral in so many areas. Plus another colleague took a position in a different department, so it was apparent that I needed to let my manager know I would be leaving at the end of next month.

My manager took it well. I think my colleagues that didn't know I was leaving were surprised. Some seemed happy, some were puzzled. I know that my departure is a good thing, and that God's plans are very, very good.

Dear Lord,

Help me to remain calm through the next few weeks, and help me to complete all the tasks you have assigned to me. Help me with my class at UOPX, so that I can learn what is necessary and do my best to get a good grade. I know that this class will help me in my doctoral program, so I am blessed to be able to complete it now. Be with my parents as my Father struggles to deal with an upcoming surgery, and I ask in Jesus' Name that you will cover my entire family with your blessing now so that we can focus and do the work that needs to be done. In your Name I ask this now, Amen. So be it, thy will be done. Selah! (Pause and calmly think about it).

No comments: