September 26, 2013

Looking Forward to a New Day

I renamed my blog "A New Day" over a year ago to symbolize the new direction of my life. I had previously blogged under two names (same blog, different names). The first was "Field of Weeds," hence the URL name, and the second was "The Country Cottage" (more appropriate to home education and SAHM stuff).

My life has changed so much since I started blogging back in 2004. Back then, the Internet was still relatively new, and blogging was something that I was encouraged to do. A couple of my home school friends created blogs for their home school programs, and they posted curriculum, lesson plans, as well as photos of their school rooms online so that other home schoolers could find inspiration. My blog focused on initially all things home school oriented. I included some reflective posts about God, and some family photos from vacations, etc. It was a mish-mash of information, some inspirational, some practical. Overtime, my blog took on a different tone. I began to strengthen my relationship with the Lord, and He became the focus of my writing. I still included snippets of home school/home life, but more and more, I found myself writing about my relationship with God, and the lessons I was learning through my time in the Word.

In January 2013, I changed the name of my blog to signify that I was no longer looking backward to the past (my history, my mistakes) and that I was refocused on the present and the future. God desires us to be forward-thinking people, and by that, He means looking toward the day of His return, looking forward to His kept promises. Revisiting the past can be a good thing, especially if there are issues that need resolved, tensions to unloose, or relationships to rebuild. However, staying in the past can make you miserable, and leave you feeling depressed and defeated. It is not where God wants us to remain. He wants us moving forward with Him, enjoying everyday life, and being able to appreciate all the Good He brings into our lives.

As I consider my life today (not from a past glance), I see endless possibilities for Good in my future. I see happy days ahead, and a sure footed path to follow. I can see God's hand upon my life, and I can see Him guiding me toward different opportunities that will bless me and Honor Him. I am all about giving Him Honor, so where he wants me to go, I will go there so that He is Honored by my obedience and my faithful following.

Today, I am making the choice to follow Him where He is leading me. I am choosing to stay on the path He has shown me, and I am trusting in Him to lead me onward and upward. I know He has Good plans in mind for me, and He wants my best - always my best. I give Him my all today, and I rest in His Sufficiency to provide for my every need.

I pray all of this in Jesus' Name. To God be the Glory, forever and ever, Amen.

No comments: