September 27, 2013

Moving Forward, Trusting the Lord


It's Friday! Hooray! It is a good day and I am so blessed to be able to sit here and blog about the potential of this day. I am not sure what is going to happen today, I just know that God is able to do anything and everything necessary to make it a good day. He is GOOD all the time, and His GOODNESS is all around us. We just have to look for it, recognize it, and then celebrate it. He is Good, so very very good!

I woke up this morning thinking about my life, and the fact that so much change has occurred in it. I am not a person who likes change. I accept this fact. I struggle with change, and normally, whenever change comes my way, I hunker down and take shelter. I am afraid of change. Change has brought pain in my life, it has caused me sorrow, and it has not been pleasant. My past experience tells me that all change is bad change.

Of course, this is not true. I have had plenty of good change in my life. When my son was born, I went through a difficult time, but his life brought such pleasure to me. I changed because of my son's life, and it was a good and pleasant experience. However, we tend to remember the negative experiences more than the positive ones and that is why in my mind -- I see change as a bad thing.

Today I reconciled myself to this fact, the fact that I have a preconceived notion of change, and that this notion is in error. God has brought plenty of good change into my life, and I thank Him for it daily. Yet, I still see new change through this lens, and that is something that I must stop doing. God is the CHANGE AGENT and if we do not accept His change our lives as a GOOD thing, and then we will miss many blessings and many good things.

God as Prime Mover

Plato, Aristotle, Aquinas, and others have argued that God is the creator of the world because He is the First Cause of all things. In this philosophical argument, God starts everything because all things begin with Him. He is the First Cause, and through a causal argument, all things result from His movement or action.

I believe that God is Prime Mover or the FIRST CAUSE (Rev 1:8). He is the beginning and the end of all things.

I am the Alpha and the Omega--the beginning and the end," says the Lord God. "I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come--the Almighty One.

As such, all change that occurs in our lives is caused by some action. The reaction is the change we experience. Now, I admit that not all change comes from God. We have free will and we make decisions that cause things to happen in our lives. Some of our decisions are good, some bad. The resultant experience is derived from the first cause movement in our decision.

In my life, I have made a number of decisions that have caused change to occur. Some of these decisions were made before I sought the Lord's counsel, and they ended up resulting in negative experiences and pain. However, since I have been seeking the Lord for all decisions, I have noticed that the change that has occurred has had a positive result. God has honored my desire to seek Him first, and He has helped me make decisions that bring positive change to my life.

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. ~Matt. 6:33 NLT


When I take the time to seek the Lord, and I place Him first in all things -- the change that comes into my life produces good things. I experience the blessing and favor of the Lord, and I learn that His provision is sufficient for my needs. I learn to trust and rely upon Him, and I come to expect that the change He brings will be good change for my life. Change that will better my life and change that will help me live comfortably and experience Him more fully and completely. God is GOOD that way.

Today, as I look at the possible change that is coming my way, I marvel and the Goodness of God. I am in a place right now where I can experience something wonderful, and while it is not here yet (has not arrived yet), it is "there" on the horizon. I can see it, I can almost touch it, and I can know that it is coming my way. It is exciting and I wait with eager anticipation for the Lord to bring this good change to my life.

Change can be a good thing. It can move us closer to God, and it can open up avenues where we never believed we could travel. It can show us new ways to go, new paths to traverse, and we can begin to think about all the possibilities that exist with God because of the fact that we know Him.

God is a God of all possibility. We can experience good things because He is Good.


No comments: