September 7, 2013

Praising God for His Provision

The day started off sort of slow. It was raining this morning, and I wasn't in the most chipper of moods. However, the day brightened and I drove my son and Mom down to Chandler (about 40 miles away) to look at a used car. My son has needed a car for a while, and I didn't have enough money to buy one for him. He also needed a part-time job to pay for insurance (he will be contributing toward the car as well as paying for his gas and insurance). He finally got a part-time job at our church in August, so I knew that we would definitely need to get that car soon.

I started looking a couple weeks ago, but wasn't ready to purchase anything. I had my eye on a nice looking small SUV, but last weekend, I checked on it, and it was sold. I had to start over this week, and thankfully, the Lord found us a nice little Honda Civic to look at today.

The car is old -- a 2001 -- and it has 136K in miles, but the price was right, and the inside/outside is very clean. It has some paint fading on the roof, hood and trunk, but other than this, it is in good condition. The experience at the Honda dealer was sweet -- nice and no pressure. We took the car for a drive and ended up buying it. It was in my price range, and with tax/license, still came in under budget. I am blessed. My son is blessed, and I am praising God today for being such a GREAT God. He is good, so very good all the time.

Thank you, Jesus! Thank you for your provision of a safe and solid little car for DJ to drive to/from school. You are the BEST! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

No comments: