October 11, 2013

Fall is Here!

Fall has finally arrived to sunny and hot Arizona! Yesterday, it was actually "jacket weather!" Lovely and cool, it was a perfect day to be out and about. I spent the morning at GCU, but ended up coming home early because I wasn't feeling well (tummy bug along with some seasonal allergies or cold possibly). I took my Mom out to the store to buy groceries for this weekend. My brother and family are coming in from LA to celebrate the birthday of their youngest son. He attends GCU and the whole family is coming for his 21st birthday.

My birthday is next week as is my Dad's, so we are having a combined celebration this week. It should be a lot of fun, and with the cooler temperatures, pleasant to hang out or go shopping/touring.

Update

I have heard anything on the job yet. I did get a call from the background check company on Monday. They needed to verify my employment at Ace Promotions. I don't really have a way to do that, but they were willing to speak with David about it, and I guess it went OK. I hope to receive an offer today or early next week. Praying for one, anyway!

God is so very good these days (well, all the time really!) I was marveling at His Goodness yesterday, just thinking about all that He has done for me. So much change has happened over the past couple years, and while it was not 'easy change,' still it proved to be for my benefit and not my harm. I am reminded of Joseph's words to his brothers when he finally confronted them about the treachery they had used on him. Joseph writes,

"You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people." Genesis 50:20 NLT

And while I don't see myself in the same position or calling as Joseph, I do take heart his words to his brothers. I have suffered some at the hands of other people, and while I was hurt (whether intentionally or unintentionally), that suffering was not meant to destroy me. Instead, it was meant for my good, to better me, to help me, and to save me ultimately. God is so very good to use negative experiences for positive outcomes.

I am where I am because the Sovereign Lord intervened in my life and turned what looked to be a hopeless and horrible situation into something beautiful and blessed. I am blessed beyond measure, and I am good this day.

Thinking Forward

It's October 11 (hard to believe it), and the end of the year is at hand. I cannot believe we are so close to Christmas right now. I love Christmas - it is my favorite season. I am looking forward to having a blessed Christmas this year. It will be my first at home since I was living at home with my parents almost thirty years ago. I want to make this holiday a special event for my parents. They are getting up in years, and I want them to enjoy their holiday as much as possible. I want us all to have a good time celebrating the Lord's birth, and enjoying the seasonal aspects of holiday.


No comments: