October 18, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yep, today is my birthday. Nothing big to celebrate, just another year passed, and a little further down the road. Still, it is a good day, and I am excited to experience what is ahead.

I woke up this morning itching like crazy. Seems some little critter decided to bite me last evening/during the night. I have three large welts on my upper chest/neck area. Red, swollen and itchy. Ugh! Not the best way to start your birthday!

On the job front, today is my last day at GCU. I changed my last day from next Friday to today because I found out that the school offered contracts to online teachers for grading help. I was told that they didn't have the money to pay me for the extra work I was doing for two other teachers. I was also told that they couldn't ask other IAs to take on more work because these students wanted to get paid to do it (as if I didn't). Then I was told that I wouldn't be doing any grading next week and I would be assisting in class only. Well, after factoring all that into the mix, I decided that one week's notice was good enough. Really - I mean - I think they treated me badly. They miscommunicated the matter numerous times, and when it came down to it, they continued to use my gracious service to their advantage. Now they are "paying" teachers to grade where before they said they didn't have the money to do that. Hmm...funny how the money can be let loose when it is absolutely necessary to do so! Oh well...

The good news is that now I have a whole week off before I start my new job. I had wanted to do this but I felt so bad about leaving GCU and the teachers I was helping in the lurch. Ha! I wanted to give them two weeks notice to help them out, and in return, they hired other teachers in a heartbeat to pick up the slack. So much for my good intentions.

God has me so well covered. I wanted to serve with honor and integrity, and I did so. I didn't want to give a short notice, but in the end, I was able to do so AFTER I heard the school's plans. Once I knew that my services were no longer needed, I took the quick exit and ran out the door. God provided a way out for me, and I am so thankful that He made sure everyone was covered as well.

I have no malice towards GCU. The school is a good school, but they have problems (internal and with faculty services). They are growing and they are seeking the Lord. They need to get their infrastructure issues resolved PDQ, but that is not my concern. I was glad to test out teaching, to learn that it is not the job for me, and to be able to work/earn income while I waited for the Lord's provision of a good job.

The good job has come and I am blessed. I will start my new position next Monday (10/28), and I will have the blessing of a whole week off to boot. More so, I can visit with my colleagues at CVS next week (lunch), and catch up on news from UOPX (tomorrow). In all, it is a good move, a good week of plans, and a good thing.

As I consider my life, and I look over the details of the events, I see God's fingerprints. He has moved me, changed me, and remade me into the "thing" of His desire. I am His and He is mine. I love the fact that I am doing what He wants, that I am going where He sends me, and I am doing it all through His Grace and Love. He is moving in me and through me. I am blessed, I am excited to be used this way, and I am eager to see what His hand will bring to me today (tomorrow and forever). God is so very Good. He is so very Good to me!

1 comment:

Nadua Pratt said...

Happy bday for you. I have followed your ups and downs and I am so happy you are finally, relentlessly getting to your desire position. God is faithful. great to know you are doing well.