October 16, 2013

Happy Day!

I received a call from HR on Monday asking if I would accept their offer of employment. Of course, I said "Yes!" I am very pleased with the offer. I will be bringing home more than what I did at CVS Caremark, and I think the benefits packaged is better (I know it is). I will be able to keep my Delta Dental, such a good thing, and I will be able to get that last crown done after the first of the year (whoo hoo!) Medical is better, and I should be able to stick with a PPO rather than a HSA, though depending on the out of pocket expenses, may choose to go with the HSA once again. Overall, I am pleased, so very pleased.

I turned in my notice to GCU on Monday. They were gracious about my leaving, and I am thankful that they understood my reasons for turning in my notice. I have been frustrated with GCU internal processes, but my reasons for leaving were completely monetary. As a single parent with the added responsibilities for helping my own parents, the need for regular income weighed heavy on my mind. I help my parents with food and miscellaneous expenses, and the thought of not being able to do this really worried me. Now I don't have to be concerned, and I am thankful that I can continue to help them live a comfortable life through their latter years. God is so very good to me, so very good to me.

Additionally, I feel that I will be able to better handle my schooling, and I will be able to manage my time and not fall behind in reading or posts. I am two weeks behind as is and that fact bears down on me every day. I want to use my schooling for both career and ministry. I know my calling is for ministry, and my education is to support that call. However, in this new position, there is an alignment which will allow me to bring my studies to bear on my work. I think I will be able to use my study to help build out my working life, and to open potential opportunities down the road.

As I contemplate my remaining days at GCU (two weeks - my last day is 10/25), I realize how God has used this time to allow me to decompress from CVS Caremark. I didn't realize how stressed I was coming out of that environment. GCU has been stressful too, but not in the same way. It has been frustrating more than stressful. CVS was a toxic environment, and I needed time to get all that "yuck" out of my system. I feel better now, and I have lost 12 lbs since I left that company. I have also gotten off soda and candy/cookies, etc. I still have more weight to lose, but I am feeling so much better now. It has been a good thing to walk and to get out in the fresh air.

I see how God provided this opportunity for me, and while I thought it would be a permanent solution to my career needs, I understand now that it was meant for a temporary measure. I needed something to do until THIS job was available. I needed to be busy, to work, to earn some income, until the Lord was ready to move me into the position of His choosing. This new position is a good fit for my skills and abilities, and it provides for me and my family. I won't know about the environment until I get into the work office, but on first glance, it seemed very nice (quiet and nice). I am excited, and I am looking forward to starting this new position on 10/28.

God knows my needs -- all of my needs -- and He is faithful to provide for everything I think I need or even want. He has a plan for my life -- a rich and wonderful plan -- and He has me covered completely. I rest in His Sufficiency, and I let go of everything so that He can move and do whatever He needs to do in my life.

Dear Lord,

I thank you today for the life you have given to me. I thank you for your provision and your goodness. You have more than abundantly provided for me, and I am blessed to be the recipient of your favor. I look forward to the work you have planned for me, and I am eager to see your hand as it moves through this new place of employment. I know your plans are good, and I know that you are actively working in and through me to bring about your will. May your name be praised today and forevermore! Amen, so be it, thy will be done.

No comments: