October 2, 2013

Happy October!


Happy October! Fall has arrived! Unfortunately, it is still very summer-like here in AZ, but the 'thought' of fall is everywhere. The stores have all their fall and Halloween items on display (and even some Christmas items). The weather has gotten cooler, though still not as cool as in other parts of the country. The colors are summer-like as well because of our warm evenings do not allow the trees to change color. Still it feels like fall, and that makes me happy. I love autumn colors and the cool days.

This is my birthday month. It is probably the first birthday I have looked forward to since I was a child. I don't get presents anymore, and celebrations are usually a nice dinner with family. However, I am excited about this birthday (it is not a special number) and for the opportunity to experience another good year on this Earth.

God has been so good to me. I stand in awe at His Mercy and Compassion, and I lift my hands in praise to thank Him for His Goodness. I cannot express what His Presence means to me or how important it is to my well-being. I love the Lord and I worship Him this day.

Preparing for Change

I confirmed my second interview with NurseWise yesterday. I will have a 30-minute conversation with HR on Thursday afternoon. I am very excited for this opportunity, and I believe that this is a job I can keep for a long-time (praying it is so). I am also excited that this job will provide excellent benefits (what with Obama Care and that debacle in Congress). I don't have benefits right now, and while I would have signed up for government healthcare to comply, I am happy to know that I will have employer provided benefits. I still feel that I will pay less in the long run to have employer insurance, and I am glad that these benefits kick in after 30 days on the job.

I am thinking of giving my notice to GCU on Monday, assuming that I am offered the job this week. I would like to take a week off (the week of 10/14) so that I can rest between jobs. I haven't taken any time off between work for three years. A week off (without pay) would be OK, and would give me time to rest and be refreshed before my new job starts.

I may have to travel to St. Louis for training. I am OK with that since I have been there once already this year. I am not sure where the office is located, but I am comfortable with traveling on my own now. I am looking forward to traveling again. I enjoy it, and I like the opportunity to go to new places and see new things.

My hope and prayer is for the Lord to go before me in this work. I am asking for His Favor over my conversation tomorrow. I am trusting Him to provide the right amount of income and benefits for me. He knows my needs well, and I trust Him as my Provider.

Thinking Forward

As I consider my future, I am filled with hope. I know that the plans the Lord has for my life are good. He has orchestrated this path, and I am trusting Him to show me the way each and every day. He illumines the steps, and I follow in His Light. As I learn from Him, trusting Him, relying on Him, I am able to rest and to let go. He has me covered. He has me completely covered and I am safe. God is Good all the time, and His Mercy never ends. 

News and Other Items

I completed my annotated bibliography for my COM 631 Organizational Communication in the Digital Age class. It was a bear - almost 25 pages long - but it is done! Hallelujah! It is done. I am praying for favor with my professor, and for a good grade. I worked very hard on that paper, and I believe I covered my topic well. God has this under control, I believe it, I know it, I rest in it.

I have another paper to write this weekend, and then I will have complete my first major assignments for my courses. I will have another applied project and paper due later in the semester. I have to keep up with my reading and DQs, but generally speaking, I am half-way through my second and third doctoral class at Regent University (whoopee!)

Again, I consider the work of the Lord, and His Grace, which has made all this possible. I thank Him for providing this opportunity, for helping me stay focused through the course load and assignments, and for bringing me the sweetness of fellowship with my cohort/colleagues. I am excited to see what God has planned for me this year (and next). I am open to opportunities for research, to participate in research projects, and to write up scholarly articles on research studies. I believe God has called me to be a research scholar (versus a teacher), and that this program at Regent is preparing me to do just that. I love research, and I love to write about research. I know God has a plan for research in my life, and I know that He is working behind the scenes to help me be prepared and trained in research practice. God is so very good to me!

Dear Lord -

Thank you for this gorgeous day! Thank you for giving me hope; hope for a new future filled with promise, and hope for opportunities to express you divine will and demonstrate your goodness to the world around me. Thank you, Lord for your Presence, which comforts me daily. Thank you for caring for me and keeping me safe. Thank you for your Provision and for meeting all my needs (income and benefits). Thank you Lord for keeping me steady, and for managing my time so that I can complete every task assigned and every project planned. You are Good, Lord, and I praise you today for your Goodness. I ask now that you cover me this day and that you help me to complete the grading tasks this morning so that I can focus on Regent and the work ahead. I need Grace to handle the task and to do it well. I ask now that you favor me in conversation, in application, and in thoroughness so that I can be your representative to the people you bring to me this day. May I give you praise in every area of my life, and may I experience your blessing today in every way. I ask all this in Jesus' Name, Amen. So be it, thy will be done. Selah (pause and calmly think about it)!



No comments: