January 15, 2014

Choose to Praise God

It is another beautiful day here in sunny Phoenix, Arizona. The weather report says it is supposed to be 75 today with lots of sunshine. It has been nice all week, really warmer than normal for this time of year. Our usual high temperatures are in the 60's, and often we get a lot of rain in the wintertime. The warmer than usual temperatures and the full sun are enjoyable. Part of me, however, cannot help but think that we need to get some rain now, just to ensure our summer scorchers are not fueled by drought. Oh well...

Today is a good day, as I said above. I am thinking about all that God has done in my life, and I cannot help but Choose to Praise Him today. I am thinking how He has orchestrated my days, opened up new doors, and given me the opportunity to try out new things. I am in a new place, a brand new place, and I am learning new skills, and experiencing new things each day. God has moved miraculously in my life, and He has made this way possible. I can only lift my hands in praise to Him, and shout for joy, for He has done great things for me (Ps. 126:3):

Yes, the LORD has done amazing things for us! What joy!

God is amazingly good, all the time, He is wonderfully and fearfully Good! I give Him praise today for I know that He is doing good in my life, working out all the details for my good (Rom. 8:28):

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Yes, God is working in and through my life to bring about good things. He is making all things new again (Rev. 21:5):

And the one sitting on the throne said, "Look, I am making everything new!" And then he said to me, "Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true."

I believe that God has restored my life, given back to me the years that were destroyed by the locusts (symbolically speaking). In Joel 2:25 it says,

The LORD says, "I will give you back what you lost to the swarming locusts, the hopping locusts, the stripping locusts, and the cutting locusts. It was I who sent this great destroying army against you.

I take this verse to heart because in my life, it is true. I spent so many years suffering at the hands of another. Yes, I am guilty as well, for I walked away from the Lord many times, and I sought to medicate the pain in my life through other avenues. I returned to the Lord time and time again, but it was for short periods only. It took a major upheaval of my life before I turned to Him, and committed my way to follow Him.

As I consider all that the Lord has done for me, I am reminded of His care for me, and that He loves me unconditionally. He has shown His favor toward me, and He has given me His grace. He has made it possible for me to restart my life, to return to a former way, and to experience the plans and purposes He had in mind for me as though nothing previously transpired. In short, He made all things new again, and He gave me the opportunity to return to the way He chose, the path He created, and in doing so, I am experiencing His great blessing upon my life. I am doing what He wanted me to do in the first place -- albeit after a very long delay -- and I am experiencing everyday joy (to quote Joyce Meyer). Yes, I am filled with joy and I am feeling blessed and contented in what He is doing in my life today.

Looking forward I see great things on the horizon. I can envision my days, and I see the blessing of fellowship with the Lord and with others. I know His plans are good, and that He has made a way for me to go. I am following hard after Him -- not looking left or right -- but staying fixed upon His way. His way is good, it is sure, it is safe, and it leads to life. I know this, I see this, I believe this is true. God is faithful, He is true, and His love and mercy never end. Praise Him today. Give Him His due glory. Show Him your love. Commit your way to Him. Seek Him with all diligence. You will find Him for He is not hidden from you. He is waiting for you patiently to return to Him. Do it now and experience the great blessing of restoration, healing, and joy. I pray this in the Magnificent Name of Jesus -- my RISEN AND EXALTED LORD -- Amen (so be it). Thy will be done. Selah (pause, and calmly think about that!!)

No comments: