January 3, 2014

Day 3 - Making Progress

Well, the day started out with good intentions. What is that saying, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions?" I found this online at brainyquote.com and I think it speaks volumes about good intentions:

"Hell isn't merely paved with good intentions; it's walled and roofed with them. Yes, and furnished too." -Aldous Huxley

Good intentions get you no where. Often we settle for right thinking and good thoughts. However, sometimes thinking is good -- like before we make a major decision or if we are faced with difficult choices. Other times, action is called for and we need to get moving.

It is January 3rd and I am no where close to being done with my first week's lesson plans. I am having the same issues I had when I home schooled my son. I have all these great ideas but I cannot figure how to get them out of my head and down onto the paper. I need a big white board -- a place where I can use sticky notes and plan out my ideas. Really, I need a place where I can post my ideas and then move them about to organize them. I really am a mind-mapper when it comes right down to it. I like to see all my ideas in one place and then play around with how they fit together.

Ok, let's do this. We can get this done. I know we can do it (how is my motivational talk going?)


No comments: