February 9, 2014

Glorious Sunday


When things look bleak, and I am faced with uncertainty about my future, I will choose to look up and focus upon the glory of the Lord. In His presence, there is peace. In Him, my future rests. I can let go of the worry, the doubt, the fear, and the anxiety. For He is my portion, my cup, and my shield. He is good, all the time. He is Good.

Yes, God is good, so very good.

I am blessed today. His mercy is new, and I am able to receive His peace that comforts me, and helps me to know that He is (I AM). Oh, how I love the Lord. Oh, how I love Him!

From David Crowder Band...

And we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If his grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.
And Heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don't have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about the way...

He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us,
Oh, how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us,
Oh, how He loves.


Today is a good day. I am filled with such joy that I can barely contain my enthusiasm. Yet, I don't know why I am joyous today. Nothing new has happened, nothing has changed (at the least, I do not think so). I still feel this way, this way that shouts out "something good is going to happen, something wonderful is going to come your way today!" God knows that it would be a blessing to me to receive a full-time job offer (teaching) or to hear that I was selected for a full-tuition scholarship to Regent. Yes, these announcements would be welcome, so very welcome. I don't know if that is what I am feeling or if there is something completely different coming my way. I just feel like today has the potential for being THAT DAY, a day of a big announcement, a day when my life is forever changed.

God be praised for if He does decide to bring some miracle blessing into my life, I would welcome it, I would so welcome it. I have no knowledge, as I stated. I have nothing but this feeling that everything is Good today. Everything in my life is so very good.

Perhaps it is just because I decided to look up. Perhaps it is because I decided to focus upon His glory, and not my shame. Perhaps it is as simple as the recognition that He is my Lord, and I am His servant. I am nothing, He is everything. Perhaps it is because I have struggled to learn all these past months that He is in control, and as such, He will not let go or leave me out of anything that is His good pleasure. The Word says this:

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. Phil. 2:13 NLT


Yes! God is working in me and He is giving me the desire to do what pleases Him most. And, you might ask, what pleases God most?

But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe
that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6


First and foremost, to please God we must believe that He exists, that He is God, and that as God He is able to do all things for His good will and good work and good pleasure. In short, we must acknowledge that He is the I AM and that He is sovereign and He rules and reigns over all created things. In our acknowledgement of His person and His attributes, we enter into a relationship based upon Faith. There upon we can begin to grasp the significance of His gift of mercy, the death of His beloved son, and the offer for salvation.

Grace comes upon hearing the truth of God, and acknowledging through faith, that you believe He is who He says He is. Grace, marvelous and glorious grace, is our ticket, our way into the relationship, and the sustaining marker that ensures us that we are His and He is ours, and together we will journey through to the eternity of eternities. God is so good, he is so very good!

Now that I believe He is, and that He is in control of my life, I can rest in His sufficiency. I have no needs that fall outside His provision. I have no doubts as to His abilities. I am not anxious because my work counts as nothing -- His work counts as everything. I stand in grace, and I wait patiently for Him to do His work through me. He does it all, from beginning to end, and I rest. I rest in Him. God is good, He is to be praised today and forever more.

As the Psalmist states in Psalm 104:31:

The glory of the Lord endures forever!

May God be praised today and forever more. He is good, so very good.

No comments: