April 25, 2014

COM 702 D-Day has Arrived


God is so faithful, so very faithful! It is another beautiful day in Phoenix. The weather this morning is lovely, the temperature hovering right around 64. The sun is shining and the expected high today is 90. Right now, there is a breeze, and it is perfect outside. This is the reason why I live in Phoenix. The spring and fall are lovely, and well, you cannot beat winter. Summer....ahh...well that is another story altogether! Summer is not for the faint of heart, and for those of us who can stand the 110 degree plus days, well there is sweet reward (aka, the other times of the year!)

So my final exam is today. Yes, it is D-Day, and I am doomed (LOL!) I have heard from two other students that the final exam is a killer. In fact, I have heard from students in general that most fail the exam.

Today's plan includes study time to review the exam guide. At this point, I am not sure I can study much. I have scored between 26-30 in every lab (30 is max). My average score has been 29.25, which is not bad for this course. I just finished the extra credit lab, worth another 30 points. We will see how well I did on it (praying for 26-29 points) so that my exam will be covered.

God has been so good to me. I can remember how panicked I was last summer. I sat in my first doctoral class, in residence at Regent, and listened to 2nd and 3rd year students give advice on what to do, what not to do, how to study, etc. They patiently answered all our questions and provided good feedback for us. I can remember when the topic of this class came up and a question was asked about how difficult it was, etc. All three students on the panel hung their heads and sighed! They all agreed it was a humbling class, and that Type "A" perfectionists would suffer the most!

Well, I have to admit that it wasn't as bad as I had imagined it would be. It was challenging and at times very frustrating for me. I struggled, and I studied, and I worked my little backside off to get the lab work completed on time. Overall, though, I felt it was an interesting course, and I learned a lot about statistics.

Now it is my turn to take the final exam. I am praying I do well. I am praying my extra credit covers the 30 or so points I know I will give up due to wrong answers. God is good. He is faithful, and He has me covered, well covered.

No comments: