April 27, 2014

Good Sunday Morning!


The Lord is good and His love endures forever (Ps. 100:5). Yes, I believe this is true. The Lord is GOOD and His LOVE endures forever.

I thank you, Lord, for your goodness toward me this day. You have made my life good. You have showered me with your goodness, and you have made all things new. My life is good. The plans you have for my life are good. I rest in You. I rest in Your Name, and in Your Provision. I love you, Lord, and I rest in You this good day!



I must be decompressing from my stressful semester because I overslept and missed church today. I cannot believe that I actually did it, but there you have it! I know my body well, and when I get worn down, this is how my body reacts. My parents usually go to the first service so they are up and out of the house early. My nephew and his girlfriend are here for a couple days until they can get rides home. I didn't hear anyone stirring until my Mom came into my room and said "Carol is still asleep!" I thought "Oh, Lord, have I really missed church again?"

My son is working as a spot operator at Phoenix Theater this week and next so he wasn't up and moving either. He normally is out the door before me because he plays as part of the worship band at church. This week he is off, so of course, I had no one to remind me to get up. And, of course, I didn't set my alarm either!

The boys were good, which is unusual, so I think God wanted me to rest this morning. Well, at the least, this is how I am thinking about it.



As I sit here today, I am reminded of how good God is and how faithful He is to keep His promises to us.

I am humbled by the fact that He has kept His promise to me. I am humbled by the truth and the realization that His Word is TRUE. He is faithful, and He keeps His promises.  The Lord has promised good to me (to us), and He is active at keeping that promise. Not a day goes by where I do not see His hand of goodness. Not a day passes where I am not reminded of His presence in my life. How can I NOT trust Him? He has demonstrated His faithfulness to me and He is always there to show me His way and His will. The Lord is good, so very good!

Lord,

I confess to you today that I have not believed your word to me this past week. I doubted you when it came to my COM 702 final. I doubted you when it came to my overall grade in Family COM. I doubted you in so many areas of my life, in so many things, and everything you have said to me has come to pass. You have given me hope, and you have promised that certain things will come my way (ACU contracts, for example). You have told me to rest, to be patient, to wait, and I have not done what you have asked of me. I have been so unfaithful to you, I have doubted you, and yet you have fulfilled your word to me. You are gracious and merciful to me, and I do not deserve your mercy. I do not deserve all the good you bring into my life. I constantly fail you, I forget what you tell me to do, and I forge ahead following after what I think is best. Why can I not rest in YOU? Why must I try to have my own way? Why must I look out and figure out what I think is best when you have already told me where to go, how to do things, and what you want me to do? I confess now in Jesus Name that I have been wrong in my thoughts, my feelings, and my interpretation. I trust you Lord and I rest in Your Name this day. Your word is truth, and I believe your word to me today. Amen, so be it, thy will be done.

No comments: