April 7, 2014

Thinking About Today

The Word of the Lord is sure. The Word of the Lord is good. The Word of the Lord is never failing. His Word abides in us, and His Word guides us. He is good, He is good, He is so very good to us. Amen, selah!

Today is a good day. It is a very good day. Today is the day that I give praise to the Lord for He has made a way for me. He have given me His peace, His grace, and His strength. I am able to go where He sends me, to live where He says to live, and to do the work He has prepared for me to do. I am good, I am good, I am so very good today.

As I think about my day and the plans that the Lord has for me, I am reminded of this truth. The Lord's unfailing love rests upon us. We wait in hope, we rest in Him, and we look up -- seeking Him diligently for His mercy and grace are needed (Ps 33:22). Yes, the Lord is good to us. He gives us what we need, He shows us how to go, and He provides for us. He is our shelter and our rock. The Lord is our ROCK AND OUR REFUGE.

The Lord has promised good to me. He is working to bring about His promises, and I am the recipient of His good will. It is a wonderful place to be, to be in the midst of His goodness. I cannot explain how great it feels to know you are covered. I cannot tell you how freeing it is to know that the Lord God is my champion and my victor. He has me covered, so well covered.

The world seems out of control. I see the world as it spins and falters. So much hatred, so much fear, so much sorrow. Yet, God is firmly in control. His will is coming to pass, and His way is for certain. How much longer, Oh Lord, will we wait until we see your Glory? How much longer, Lord, until we see your return? I know my heart cries out and it sings for joy to know that the goodness of the Lord is coming to pass. I lift up my heart, and I open my mind and I begin to see the goodness of the Lord as it falls upon my life, as it cradles my little needs, my little concerns. He is so much bigger than all my sorrow. He is so much better than all my joy. I long to see Him, to know Him, and to be with Him. I long for the day when we are together, when all this mess is over, and I am able to rest in His Glory and in His Name.

Dear Lord,

I long to be with you this day. My heart sings a new song, and I want so much to sit before you singing and praising your Name. I long to see your glory, to sit and to know your Glory. I pray now that you will have your way in me, and that You will work to bring about your will in every area of my life. I thank you for your gracious provision that meets my every need. I ask now that you do what is necessary in my life to ensure that my entire being conforms to your image. I long to bring you praise, Lord, so I ask that my heart, my mind, my soul, and my strength be wholly devoted to you. I confess your Name. I confess that you are Lord. I look up, I wait upon you, and I rest in your Holy and Marvelous NAME. Amen, so be it, thy will be done. SELAH! (Pause and think calmly upon it!!)

No comments: