May 20, 2014

Experiencing His Favor

It has been one crazy day today. My morning started with a sinus headache. I am not sure why I am suffering with sinus issues, but lately, I have had headaches once or twice each week. I read online somewhere that often sinus headaches are really migraines in disguise. I am thinking this is the case because I don't have other sinus symptoms. Nothing is worse then waking up with a major headache...

Unless it happens to be waking up to an argument. Yeah, not my choice for a "good morning" wake up call. So after I dragged myself from bed, hanging my pounding head into my hands, and walking straight to the kitchen for the biggest cup of coffee I could find -- I walked right into my parents loud argument over something having to do with her being on the telephone for an hour and my dad needing to use the phone right that moment (like he couldn't use his cell phone?) ACK! It wasn't even 7:30 and I didn't even get my cup of coffee! Oh, the joys and trials of living with your 80-something parents!

Lord, I need a change in my life, a BIG CHANGE, right now!!

Yep, it is funny how that prayer seemed to be answered without me even knowing about it. It was like before I could utter the words, the Lord had something wonderful in mind for me. In fact, now that I think about it, I recall Him saying something to this point last night. I was drifting off to sleep when I heard His voice. This happens to me often -- I am in that quiet place between being awake and asleep, and I hear Him speaking to me. I only recall a brief word or two, but I remember Him saying to me that something wonderful was going to happen to me. In truth, it might have been Paula White saying this on Facebook yesterday. Perhaps I was just thinking about it last night right before I drifted off to sleep.

"It is about to rain...God is dispensing seasons...The delay is over! There is a SUDDENLY!"

Yeah, weird, I know. The point is that I was reading her posts, and this one jumped out at me. I heard in my Spirit a similar word, and that was that something wonderful was going to happen.

OK, so there you have it. 

Later on in the morning, while I was checking email and doing my due diligence online, I received an email from Glendale Community College. I had applied for an adjunct position way back in January. I remember applying to the county district, and then I sent a personal email to the Chair of the English Department. Just a "hello" email with a request to be notified of any openings they may have for fall 2014. So today, I get an email asking if I was still interested in teaching adjunct for them. I said "Yes!" and after a few back-forth emails, I have an interview setup for June 2nd at 1:00 p.m.

I know this may seem like it is not a big deal, but really it is. Getting into the adjunct pool at the community college is really difficult here in AZ. They normally do not hire without 3 years teaching experience. The positive for me is that GCC is located about 17 miles away (about 35 minutes cross town). I think they may have trouble getting teachers because they are so far away. I don't mind the drive -- so long -- as it is not on the same day I will be at ACU.

I am really excited for this opportunity. Getting into the CC is a huge deal and it will help me secure a full-time teaching position down the road. I feel that this is what the Lord was telling me to be prepared for and that this is His "wonderful" blessing. I am not sure how many classes I could teach, but I am wanting four total (two at ACU and two at another school). I have asked for two classes at GCU, but they won't get back to me until mid-summer. I really want to have all my teaching contracts settled for the fall so that I can use the summer to prepare for them.

I am amazed at God's blessing and His favor on my life right now. He has moved, and with His movement, blessing has rained down on me. I know this is true -- whatever He promises to me -- comes to pass. Therefore, if this is His will, it will be. I am happily content knowing that He has promised me full-time work, and He is moving to make that happen. God is so good. He is so very good to me!

No comments: