May 19, 2014

Fearless Monday

I am making the decision to be bold this week. Yes, I am taking over my world, and I am going to make it GREAT!

Mondays are usually treated as the most negative day of the week. You know how you say, "Oh, it's another Monday!" when you are beginning your work week. Mondays are always rough. The work week starts, new projects begin, old projects never seem to end, and you muddle through thinking "only four more days until Friday!"

I do it all the time. In fact, I prefer Tuesdays to Mondays, weird as that may sound. I usually feel better on Tuesdays, and I usually have a better view of the work week (what needs to be accomplished and such). My Mondays tend to be days when I face stacks of work left over from the previous week, loads of new tasks set for the new week, and the realization that I allowed myself to procrastinate far too often (LOL!)

Today, however, I am changing my habits, and I am embracing Monday as a change-day. This is the day when I look over my little world, and I make decisions that will influence outcomes. I will choose to engage in behaviors that will bring positive results. I will choose to be proactive instead of reactive, and I will choose to be fully engaged in every activity, every relationship, every moment I am given. Yes, Mondays are going to be motivational days for my life, my new life. I am going to treat them as special days, given as gifts from God, and as opportunities to experience GREAT things in my life. Mondays are Good.

This is the day the Lord has made -- I will rejoice and be glad in it (Psalm 118:24)

I love Psalm 118. Every time I read it, I am reminded of the Goodness of God. Imagine if we treated each day as a gift from God? How would we speak to others? How would we treat others? If our minds were focused on the Goodness of God, and on His blessed gifts (life, grace, mercy, etc.), then our whole attitude would be different, we would be different. Just think -- other people would see us as different (John 13:35), and as such, they would know we serve a very different God!

As I consider my life today, I am reminded of all the blessing and favor God has poured out upon me. I am blessed. I am highly favored. God has enriched my life, and He has given me such good gifts. I often squander the time He has given to me. I often procrastinate and I put off the things I know I should do. I get lazy, and I allow fear to control my thoughts. In doing so, I often miss the blessing God has ready to give me -- simply because I didn't do what I KNEW I was supposed to do. There is great blessing in obedience, there is great reward in following through on the Lord's commands and special directives.

So today, I am picking up my cross, and I am following after Him. I have tasks that are waiting to be completed. I have jobs that need to be finished. I have responsibilities that need to be handled. Yes, God has given a good portion to me, and I have work to do. I will do it, and I will honor the Lord with my faithfulness (Eph. 6:7). He is Good, and He is faithful. He will support me, encourage me, and strengthen me. I can do all the things He has assigned to me this day. I can do everything on my to-do list, and I can enjoy the sweet sensation of satisfaction in knowing that I have achieved my goal, completed my tasks, and finished the job. I am ready to hear Him say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant!"

Yes, Lord, yes! Give me the grace to do what I need to do this day. May your name be praised through the accomplishment of each and every task you have assigned to me this Good day.

No comments: