May 1, 2014

Grades are Posted

I am relieved. I am so relieved right now. God is Good. He has kept His promise to me, and He is FAITHFUL. Final grades at Regent have been posted today, and I am blessed, so very blessed. I survived Spring semester, and I made it through with a 4.0 GPA. I know, I know -- who cares? I do! I do! I do!

Plus, I believe God delights in our hard work and dedication especially when it is for His praise and honor. I take great pride in my efforts, I know I do. I am not shy about shouting out that I have done well, that I have found good success, and that I have achieved excellence in academic pursuits. I know that some people might not like it, they might think that one should be humble about achievement, and not boast about anything they have accomplished. I cannot agree with that approach at all. For I agree with the Apostle Paul when he writes in 1 Cor. 1:31 NLT:

Therefore, as the Scriptures say, "If you want to boast, boast only about the LORD."

My boast, therefore, is in the Lord for He has kept His promise to me. He has provided excellence, achievement, and success throughout His work at Regent University. He knows how hard I worked this semester, how many times I laid on the floor before Him and cried (literally cried) at the thought of the work I had to accomplish, at the level of the research, and the scope of the projects. He knows how I confessed my utter inability to do this level of work, to write these kinds of research papers, and complete this intensive preparation for scholarly activity. He knows that I opened my heart and my mind to let Him inspire me, to provide me with topics for research, and to write the words that simply would not come out of my empty head. He has done this, all of this, and I give Him all the praise this day. 

He is Good, so very Good to me.

No comments: