May 6, 2014

Excellence Matters


I am going to boast right now. Yep, I am jumping up and down, joyously celebrating the fact that I have lost another 3 lbs and I have managed to walk/jog 2 miles (twice so far) this week! It is a little goal, you know, not a huge deal for most, but for me it is something I have been working towards for over a year. I have not been able to focus on weight loss and fitness because my life was so crazy. I know, not a good excuse, but it is the best I have and I think it is truth. I mean, it took all my energy just to deal with my life (the turmoil) and with the uncertainty of my work situation. Once all that was smoothed out, I was able to start thinking (mind you, thinking is a big step for me) about getting back in good shape. I started walking last semester, but gave it up once I started teaching and studying for my courses this spring (that combo took over my life completely). Now, though, I am free from school (teaching), and while I am enrolled in classes, they are not as challenging as I thought they would be. I have more free time on my hands, and I am able to control my food choices since I am home most days. I am excited to get to my goal weight (oh, I cannot wait for that day!) and to be able to do all the fitness and outdoor life activities I have wanted to do for so long.

God is good, so very good to me. He has given me the drive and desire to get fit, to lose the excess weight, and to put health right up there with my research, my teaching, and my school work. God is good. He is good all the time!

No comments: