May 26, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

I am hinking of those men and women who gave their lives to protect our freedom this morning. What an awesome gift. May we remember their sacrifice with humility this good day.

Yes, it is a good day. I regret my rant from yesterday, it was a one-off post whereby I let my guard down, and showed the human frailty side of my personality. No matter how much grace there is on the inside, there is still that remnant of sin that remains, and when given a moment to shine, it most surely does!

Praise God that His grace is forever, and it is completely given freely and abundantly for without it, I would surely die. Yes, indeed, I am indebted to His marvelous and merciful grace. God is good, so very good. All the time, He is GOOD!

As I think about this good day, I am reminded of all that the Lord has done for me, even in my darkest moods, and unpleasant moments. Yes, His goodness is steady. His goodness is always available, always present, and always ready to meet any and all needs. He is Good, so very good.

Today is Memorial Day, and while I have the day off because I am not working over the summer, it still feels like a holiday/day-off (like from work). I have no special plans for the day except to read some more of my books, and perhaps begin a critical review (due June 5th). I also have to write up a short answer, 500-1000 words, on the VA Scandal for my Crisis Communication class. Perhaps I will get out and bike ride a bit or maybe I will just stay indoors today. The weather is going to be hot -- topping out at 102 today, 106 for Tuesday-Wednesday. Yes, this is summer in Phoenix. The humidity is only at 20%, which simply means it is hot, but not sticky hot. Just hot.

I have no other news to report except to say that I feel much better today, feelings-wise. I feel better, I feel more like myself, and less like a very disagreeable person (I hate the whole "disagreeable" part). Part of me wonders if I was experiencing some oppression yesterday. I didn't necessarily feel oppressed (like normal), but it was odd to go from my normal calm demeanor to being irritated and annoyed. Perhaps that is what prompted my outburst and my disagreeable moments.

So there you have it. No excuses, no rationalization. It is what it is, and that is all.



No comments: