May 6, 2014

Sensing His Movement

The Lord is Good. He is so very Good.

Today is a good day. I am alive, and I am well. The Lord has promised such good to me, and I am sensing His movement as He moves me into the position and opportunities of His choosing. It is an exciting thing to be used by the Lord, to be moved in this way. I normally do not like it when He moves me because it brings changes into my life and those changes often cause me to feel off-balance. This has happened several times during the past couple weeks. I have felt the Lord saying "Be prepared, Carol. I am moving in your life now." When I hear His voice say this to me, I tend to hunker down and wait it out -- almost like when I was a child -- waiting in the storm shelter for the Tornado siren to stop wailing outside. I know that something is coming, and I feel the reel of the movement, so I protect myself by tightening up and buffeting the blow.

This time, however, I decided to let go and simply let Him move me where He wished. I thought it was high time I trusted Him, and I gave in to the feeling rather than attempting to avoid it. I still felt off-balance, a little off-keel, but generally the move was low-key. I survived it, and I noticed some things changed for me. These were small changes, minor changes, but nonetheless, they signaled a new start for me. I liken them to a course correction, moving a plane from one vector to another, to focus more closely on the intended destination.

As God empowers me through these changes, I rest in His sufficiency. I see His plan unfolding, and I am excited by the details He shares with me. I still don't understand, and I still question "why" He is doing this or that in my life. Sometimes changes happen that make no sense to me. They seem inconsistent or disconnected from the aspects of my life. In time, these changes usually connect together and help to make the picture much clearer for me. In the moment, however, often I feel confused or even disoriented. Still, His Word holds me to His side, and I trust Him to do what He says is best for me. I have found that my comfort rests in nothing else but my single-minded devotion to Him. I can think of no where safe but in His presence. I retreat there, I sit with Him, and I wait as He refreshes me. He gives me fresh peace, and a fresh understanding of what He is doing. He helps me to let go of the reins, to rest my need for control. In doing so, I find that I am able to see His work, to recognize His hand on my life. It is a good thing, a very good thing.

Today is the day the Lord has made; I will rejoice and I will be glad in it. So be it, thy will be done! Selah!

As the Lord moves in my life today, I am reminded of the fact that He is God and I am not. Ho ho ho! Do I need this reminder? Yes, oh Yes! How I need to be reminded EVERY DAY that He is God.  My human frame desires so much to be god, and it likes being in the power position. My flesh likes calling the shots, taking the lead, and shouting out the charge order.  And, while my flesh yearns to be in control -- the gentle teaching of the Holy Spirit -- has taught me that my flesh is not good at making decisions, choosing best paths, or selecting the right way to go. When I allow my flesh to lead, I fail so often, and I second guess myself continually. When His Spirit leads me, well then, I experience such sweet reward. Thank God! I have come to know and to recognize that He is far more able to be my Commander and Chief, and that His way always brings results -- good results.

Today is a good day then, a good day. Today I move one step closer to my destination, one step closer to living in the way He has created for me. I am excited, I am filled with anticipation, and I look forward with deep longing to watch Him open those doors and provide the momentum to move me.

Dear Lord,

This is your day, and it is a good day. I look forward to the open doors you have for me, and I ask now that you propel, literally propel me forward so that I can walk through them and experience all that you have in mind, in store, and in design for me this day. You are God, and I rest in your sufficiency. I look to your hand of blessing and favor, and I rest in your security. I know that you know my needs, that you have me well-covered, and that I am in your will, living and working and being, in your will. I praise your Name, and I seek you continually this day. I ask this now in Jesus' Name, His GREAT Name, Amen. So be it, thy will be done. Selah!

No comments: