June 21, 2014

Getting Down to Business


Yep, I am officially procrastinating -- putting off until tomorrow the THING that needs to be done today. I woke up this morning, panicked as usual, and thinking "Oh, Lord, how will I get everything done today?" The truth is that I have had a good five days to get my work done, and while I have accomplished a few items, I am further behind on my projects then I should be. I planned this week out to be THE WEEK to get my research project and proposal completed. Yes, they are not technically due until next week, but I didn't want to spend all my time on the weekend working on research. So, how'd that super planning go for me? LOL! Not very well. It is now Saturday, and I am crashing and burning -- working until the wee hours -- to get all my research completed on time. Yep, it is no one's fault but my own, and there is no one to blame, but me. Sigh!

The funny thing is that I do this all the time. I don't like to think of myself as a A+ PROCRASTINATOR, but that is exactly what I am. I like to chill out, I like to rest and to relax. I love the work, mind you, it is just that I would rather play than do work. UGH! When push comes to shove, however, I get down to business and crank out the work. I guess I prefer to work in overload mode...


It's Saturday, and I am working on two projects. I have to complete my Image and Reputation Management project and I have to begin an annotated bibliography and research proposal paper. I have about 3 pages completed on the first project -- needing at least 12 -- so this is my first priority today. My proposal is not due until 8/1 so I have a little more time (like next weekend) to work on that one. I already have my topic picked for research, and all I really have to do is summarize the literature that supports my research interest. I can do it, I can do it, I know I can do it.

I am feeling a lot better today, re: my church and the current crisis there. I went to dinner with my parents last evening, and I had a good conversation with my Dad. My parents attend the same church so it is good to hear their point of view on the matter. My Dad is pretty low-key about these things -- I guess it helps that he is 80 -- and he has been through these types of situations before. God is good, you know, to provide someone who can be a sounding board for me. I tend to get whipped up over the injustice and unfairness, and then my Dad calmly tells me what he thinks about the matter. He gets upset too, but for different reasons. He is more concerned about the people, and how the people feel right now. He is not worried about the church going under at all. He assumes they will just keep on "keeping on." I think this is because he has come through so many trials in his life, and at this point, he has seen "it all." He may not like the ways things have turned out, but he doesn't get upset over them. He may be saddened, but generally, his attitude is to "solider on." God is good to provide such a solid view on things. It helps me to see that while I do feel justified in my attitude, I need to recognize that not everyone has the same view as I do. It is good to stand down and wait -- to be patient -- and to let God work things out. Yes, Lord, you are right! You know what is best for our church and for the people who attend there.


Today is a good day. It is a good day to reflect on where I have been, where I am now, and where I am going in the future. God is good, He has me well-covered, and I am highly favored and blessed today. I give Him the praise, the honor, and ultimately, the glory. May the Lord be praised forever more this day! Amen, so be it, thy will be done. Selah!

No comments: