June 15, 2014

I am so happy to be home...


I am so happy to be home! Who'da thought that my flight from Norfolk, VA to Orlando would be bumped and I would be delayed 8 hours. Thanks to Southwest Airlines, I didn't arrive in Orlando until almost 9 p.m., too late to make any connecting flight into Phoenix. The blessing in the trial was that my friend and colleague, Shannon Bates, was also bumped, so we got to spend 24 hours together (instead of being all alone!)

SWA did put us at the Courtyard Marriott in Orlando, which turned out to be a miserable experience on top of an already miserable experience. We got $200 for my troubles along with 24 hours of no sleep! Needless to say, when I finally arrived in Phoenix this morning, I was so happy to be on home soil! I am sure Shannon was happy to see her husband in San Antonio this morning too!



My week at Regent was good. Not as overtly blessed or spiritual as last year, but definitely a good week. I would say it ranked HIGH on the relationship scale, and low on the class content scale. I was glad to see all my colleagues, and I enjoyed my time learning from them and with them. In all, it was a good week (long and tiring, but good, nonetheless).

I am really tired, however. I slept a little on the plane this morning, and then took a good three hour nap when I got home today. It is 7:45 p.m. and I am about to fall asleep again. I think I might just hit the hay now and see if I can get a good nights rest tonight.

Good news! I do not have jury duty this week. I called yesterday and the recording said that all jurors were released. I am praising God for that miracle because I honestly didn't know how I would be able to finish my papers and sit on a jury. God is good, so very good to me.

Well, that is all I can post for tonight. Can you believe that I actually do not have anything salient to say? I think I am out of words...

No comments: