I also posted my final proposal to my COM 703 forum. I am starting to panic again when I think about the work I need to complete between now and next week (an Image project and an annotated Bibliography). Actually, I think I have until 7/1 for the bibliography, but still, I am feeling that pinch of time, and I am beginning to worry whether I will get everything done on time.
My parents have some friends in town this week, so I feel like my routine is slightly disrupted. I love these folks, don't get me wrong, but the household dynamic is upset, and that seems to wreck havoc with my getting back to normal after my week of travel. Oh well -- I think I am very high maintenance when it comes to routine!
On the upside of things, I am thinking more positively about my path through Regent. I spent the better part of yesterday working on my class schedule for the next couple semesters. I also am feeling better about my dissertation topic (or as my Mom calls it my "dessert" tation). I went to Regent thinking that I would write about Faith narratives, but after talking with Dr. Fraser (my COM 703 instructor), I got this feeling that my topic was too broad (probably so). I met with my faculty advisor on Wednesday and I shared my topic and he thought it was perfect. Weird how different views and perspectives on the same topic can cause you to become conflicted. My advisor wants me to write on using digital media to share faith stories in the church. I like this idea, and that was going to be my focus initially. He positively confirmed my topic before I had even gotten all the negative thoughts out about it. I think it was a true God-thing.
Right now, I am set to take the following courses through Fall 2015:
- Fall 2014 / Social Media & Internet Marketing
- Fall 2014 / Communication Research: Historical/ Critical
- Spring 2015 / Communication Research: Applied Methods
- Spring 2015 / Advanced Communication Theory
- Summer 2015 / Academic Writing and Publication
- Summer 2015 / Leadership Theory & Communication
- Summer 2015 / C.S. Lewis Oxford Study Abroad Course
- Fall 2015 / Theology and Communication
- Fall 2015 / Communication in a Global Environment
- Spring 2016 / Qualification Exams
- Summer 2016 / Doctoral Mentoring: Pedagogy
- Summer 2016 / Continuing Dissertation Credit
- Fall 2016 / Continuing Dissertation Credit
- Spring 2017 / Continuing Dissertation Credit
Today I stop and consider what the Lord has done for me. I think about my life, and while it seems a bit out of sync right now, and I have a very full-plate, I am reminded of His grace and His provision. I still worry over finances, and I still worry about finishing all the tasks on my grand To-Do list, but generally, I rest in the knowledge that for every step I take forward, I am making head way toward the final goal. I am moving forward and not backward. I am moving toward Him and not away from Him. I know that the plans He has for my life are so very GOOD. I may not understand everything that is happening to me nor do I always get what He wants me to do. I trust Him, I rest in Him, and I look for His hand and His blessing because I know that He loves me and He cares for me. He is good, so very good all the time.