June 29, 2014

Praising God Today


Psalm 54

For the choir director: A psalm of David, regarding the time the
Ziphites came and said to Saul, “We know where David is hiding.”
To be accompanied by stringed instruments.

1 Come with great power, O God, and rescue me!

    Defend me with your might.

2 Listen to my prayer, O God.

    Pay attention to my plea.

3 For strangers are attacking me;

    violent people are trying to kill me.

    They care nothing for God. Interlude

4 But God is my helper.

    The Lord keeps me alive!

5 May the evil plans of my enemies be turned against them.

    Do as you promised and put an end to them.

6 I will sacrifice a voluntary offering to you;

    I will praise your name, O Lord,

    for it is good.

7 For you have rescued me from my troubles

    and helped me to triumph over my enemies.



Today is a good day to Praise the Lord! My Rock and my Redeemer lives! What a glorious day to be alive and to be living in His will and to be following after His way! God is good, so very good -- and all the time, He is GOOD!



No comments: