July 15, 2014

Plans for This Week

It is a good Tuesday! God is Good, so very good!

It is July 15, and I have approximately 18 days to complete my COM 703 paper. So far, I have conducted 7 interviews, but only 1 was recorded (my fault for not recording the other people). I have 3 more to do, and my plan is to record them so that I can include four transcripts along with my project (Lord willing).

I have to say that I am pleased with the information gathered so far. I am not surprised by the general answers to the experience/perception questions. They fall well within my expectations, however, I have found that the strength of the member commitment to the church to be significant (which is what I had hoped!) This means that the members who have stayed through the crisis at church, have done so because of their faith in God, and their commitment to the families in the church -- and not because of a particular leader or mission/vision statement. This is such good and welcoming news. I am blessed, and I feel confident that my project will be worthwhile (from a scholarship standpoint).  An aside: If I were conducting quantitative research, I would say that p<.05, which means that the data show a statistical significance in relationship to organization when it comes to commitment level!

This week is going to be busy for me. I have these three remaining interviews to do, and then I need to transcribe the recordings, and type up my field notes. Once that is done, then I need to begin my literature review. I am not worried about my lit review, but I am concerned about the data and content. This class is important to me. My professor doesn't post any grades during the class so we never know where we stand grade-point wise. It makes it hard knowing how well or poorly you are doing going into the final project. I would prefer to know my grade so that I can make changes to my study habits, reading, posting, or research BEFORE submitting the final paper. Sigh.

The good news is that Jer. 29:11 covers me well. The Lord has decreed:

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

I take this verse to heart for I believe that it is true for me just as it was true for the nation of Israel during the OT times. God does have good plans in mind for me. He has given me (through Christ Jesus) everything I need for a blessed future and for hope of eternal life. I am good because of His Goodness toward me. God is good, all the time, He is good.

As I consider these plans, I am reminded that nothing I do is out of control. My life may appear to be spinning hopelessly without purpose, but this is not the case. As a child of God, His hand rests steadily upon me. He is here with me, living in me, and providing guidance and direction to me.

Ps. 37:23: The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. 

Prov. 16:9: We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps.

Prov. 20:24: The LORD directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?

The Lord is the One guiding my steps. He is leading me through the desired path He has in mind for me. I am leaning upon Him, abiding in Him, and trusting Him. As a result, He is taking me by the hand and directing my way. So long as I continue to rest in Him, my steps are ordered. They are purposed, they are planned, and they are provided for me.

My way is secure. His plans are approved. Together, I am assured of a good future filled with hope. God is good, so very good to me.

So while my calendar appears to be full, and at times, I panic over the details -- I can rest in knowing that nothing I have planned is too big or too difficult for him.

Luke 1:37: For nothing is impossible with God.

Yes, I can be bold and take confidence that the plans the Lord has for my life, for my week, for my day is well-within His abilities. Nothing is impossible for Him. I can rest. I can relax.

My To-Do List

As I write out my to-do list today, I am repeating this mantra: The Lord has me well-covered this day.
  • 7/15 - Radio Shack - pick up a mini USB cable for my digital recorder (must!)
  • 7/15 - Interview Gina for my project
  • 7/15 - Begin my literature review -- collect articles and scan for content
  • 7/16 - Take Default papers/Motion filing to court house
  • 7/16 - Take Janae over to Grand Canyon so she can see the school
  • 7/16 - Take Deb and Janae out for dinner (Thank you for feeding the cats)
  • 7/17 - Return DJ's flute to the music store
  • 7/17 - Interview Bobbi Jo for my project
  • 7/17 - Interview Dan for my project
  • 7/18 - Begin reading the Bill Strom book for COM 203 class prep
  • 7/18 - Begin Power Points for ENG 101/105
  • 7/18 - Pick up survey results/focus group information from Stella (for project)
OK, I am officially panicked. Now that I see my list, I realize just how much I have to get done this week in order to stay on top of my project. This weekend will need to be set aside for transcription. Once I get the transcription finished, then I can relax a bit because I will only have writing to do (and this girl loves to write!) This week is critical for me, it is my MUST week. 
I am praying for God's peace over these tasks and for His strength and wisdom to approach each one with fortitude and discipline. 

He is good. He is good.

The plans the Lord has for me include His provision of peace. He is the Prince of Peace and as such I can have His peace flow through me and over me this day (and every single day of my life). This peace is available, always available, and it is activated by faith. We must choose to allow His peace to flow through us, we must allow His peace to be active in our life. Oh, Peace, Sweet Peace!

I am reminded of this verse:

Phil. 4:7-8

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.


Yes, Lord -- may it be so, may it please the Lord for it to be so!

Dear Lord,

I need your active and working peace in my life this day. I ask now that you would allow your peace to flow through me, to cover me as I work through the details on my to-do list. If I have forgotten anything or if I need to add/remove any items from this list, please let me know. My life is in your hands this day, and I am trusting in you to provide for each and every need. I believe your Word, and today, I look to your Word for guidance and for wisdom. May your peace be felt in my home, in my work, and in everything I do today and every day. I ask all this in the matchless, most merciful Name of Jesus! Amen! So be it, thy will be done (Selah!)



No comments: