January 4, 2015

Last Day Before School Begins...

Today is my last prep day before classes start at GCU tomorrow. I am excited for the start of the Spring semester, but I am also feeling anxiety over the weeks and months ahead of me. I know that I have everything in order, and that I am "ready" for school, content-wise. It is always pre-school jitters, and to counteract them, I have to let go and rest (relax) more!

I am feeling unwell still, which concerns me. I picked up a flu-like virus last week. I was down for the count on New Year's Eve and Day. I felt better on Friday, but last night the symptoms returned, and I found myself sick in bed once again. My main symptom seems to be stomach pain coupled with feeling nauseated. I read online that stomach-flu seems to run its course in 1-2 days, but that the lining of the stomach will remain irritated for several days afterwards. It is important to eat easy to digest foods that don't continue to cause the stomach to react violently. I think the combination of eating regular foods, specifically red meat, did a number on me. I think this is why I still feel so "punky" today. Still, I am thankful that the culprit seems to be my diet. I am determined to be more careful today and tomorrow. Hopefully, by midweek, I will be back at full throttle once again (Lord willing!)

In the meantime, I am taking it easy, working on the computer today, and not trying to eat anything too demanding (perhaps some soup would be good). I have to get some materials together for tomorrow, but all in all, I am in good shape for the new week.

I am thanking the Lord today for the precious gift of true friendship, of practical work, of higher education, and of His design for ministry and vocation. The Lord has provided everything I need to be successful in this life. He has given me the blessing of living in relationship; of enjoying the challenge of teaching, mentoring and encouraging students; and of learning how to trust and to lean upon the Lord each day. My life is full to overflowing, and I am blessed beyond measure. The Lord is good to me, so very good to me. I give Him praise today, and I thank Him for His goodness toward me. I look forward to the days ahead, the plans He has for my life, and the provision for my security. He is my all in all, my sufficiency, and in Him I find my peace, my rest, and my life. May God be praised today and forevermore! So be it, thy will be done!



No comments: