May 31, 2015

It is a Good Day

Psalm 122:1 just popped into my head this morning. David writes, "I was glad when they said to me, 'Let us go to the house of the LORD.'" This psalm is a song of ascents or a song of pilgrims (sung by the Priests and Levites as they journeyed on the road to Jerusalem to attend one of three Pilgrim Festivals). I am reminded of this verse whenever I sense that the day is good. I cannot really explain it, but it is like whenever I think "this is such a good day," I hear these words in my head, "to worship the Lord" or "to go up to the House of the Lord." It seems that the Holy Spirit bids me to worship the Lord whenever I recognize and acknowledge the goodness of each day. Today is a good day, so I am reminded that it is a good day to give thanks and praise to the Lord who reigns forever and ever, Amen!

As I think about this good day, I give thanks to the Lord for all the gifts He has given to me. The Lord is mighty, He is fierce, yet He is so good and kind. He gives graciously, and loves unconditionally. The Lord ransoms the lost, and provides shelter, food, and protection to the needy. I am needy. I am alone. And, at times, I feel so very lost. My Lord guides me, directs me, and shows me the way to go. For His gift of mercy, I bow before Him and I give Him thanks.

No comments: