June 2, 2015

As The Lord Leads...

Isaiah 58:11 says, "The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." This verse serves as a reminder to me today that the Lord is guiding me to my final destination, and that my life, the steps of my life, are ordered toward that end. I focus on the steps I take, the path I am on, and I look for His hand of blessing as it covers my life. This is all well and good, but in truth, the product of my life is not anything I do or accomplish, but rather a humble and contrite spirit predicated upon bringing glory to God. The Puritan catechism states it this way: What is the chief end of man? Answer: Man's chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him for ever.

My end goal or the end result of my life is to be fully used by God for His honor, His praise, and His glory. No matter what I do this day or tomorrow, for that matter, my goal is always to worship the Lord.

Today, I reflect on all that the Lord has done for me. I think about what has transpired over the course of my 52 years on this earth, and I stand amazed at the depth of His love and mercy. He has redeemed me, He has saved me from the consequences of sin, and He has purchased for me a ransom so that I can be set free from the penalty of sin and death. Yes, I am set free. I am free!

I think about my to-do list today, all that needs to be done, and I am reminded that God is sovereign over all these little details. He knows the papers that must be written, the tasks I must complete, the people I must meet, and the work that must be done. He is aware of it all, and I know that He has me covered -- my time, my talents, and all these pesky little tasks that seem to pile up every so often. He is good to help me manage my time, to provide covering for me so that I don't become overwhelmed and discouraged. He shows me the way to go, leads me through the details, and provides good workable solutions to help me see the end result come to pass. He loves me, and He delights in the details of my life. I love Him because He is with me, always with me, and His word, and His way are perfect. I am content. I am at peace. And I am good. Selah!

This is a good day, a very good day. This is a day filled with hope and blessing and wisdom. This is a day when I can move mountains simply through an act of faith. I can stand and say to the mountain -- GO -- and it will go. I can call upon the Lord, asking for His blessing and provision, and it will be granted to me. He is good, He is able, and He is willing to meet my every need with sufficiency. Thus today, I am empowered to walk worthy, to go where He sends me, and to live in His way. I love the Lord with my whole heart, and I trust Him completely as He moves me into the positions of His choosing. He knows me well, and His plans for my life are good. I am secure. I am happy. I am filled with joy. The Lord does this for me, and I am amazed at His blessing -- abundant blessing -- as He pours out His joy into my life. I am renewed, invigorated, and challenged to live my life in full praise to His mighty Name. I am filled with the Holy Spirit, bounded to Him, and willing and agreeable as He inspires me, teaches me, and guides me. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Selah!)

May the Lord be blessed today, and may His Name be revered throughout all the earth. He is good, so very good to me!

No comments: