July 24, 2015

Next Up

WOW! I cannot believe that it is July 24th already! This summer has just flown by. It seems like it was just yesterday when I was getting on an airplane to head for VA Beach and my summer residency course. Now, I am planning out my syllabi and course assignments for fall -- anticipating school starting in just under 5 weeks. I am so not ready for school to start yet. I still have oodles to finish for my own schooling (by 8/7), and I have some preparation work to complete for my exams next Spring. This summer is almost over! Sigh!


I guess the blessing or the good news is that I do have contracts set for fall teaching. I am set as far as my schedule goes (GCU - MWF and ACU - TR). God is good to have provided these classes for me to teach. I am blessed, so very blessed. What's more -- I am seeing the very real light at the end of the tunnel now. I see the finish line for my courses at Regent, and that means, ta dum! I will be an official PhD candidate in March 2016. Woohoo!

My fall is lining up quite nicely. My classes at Regent consist of Theology, Philosophy, and teaching/assisting History of Communication. I will be very busy with coursework, but I am pumped to finish my last semester of classes with grace and strength! The Lord has brought me through to this point, and He will certainly see me through to the end! PTL! God is good, so very good to me!!

Plans for Fall

I have no real plans set for travel as of yet, but I am praying in earnest for a way to fly to AL to visit my love. It would be so nice to spend time with him in person, and I am afraid that if I don't take advantage of my time off this fall, I will be forced to wait until next spring break or worse, summer (I just don't think I can wait that long!!) Right now, my fall schedule is such that I could potentially take time in mid-October, the week of Thanksgiving or right after school ends in December. I have a good three weeks off between semesters, and last year, was able to take some of that time to fly to FL to spend with my Aunt and Uncle. It is a good time for me simply because I don't have anything to do or worry about (except some paper grading) so I am free, free, free! However, what may end up happening is for me to fly there for a long weekend (a Fri-Mon) as that might be all the time he can spare. Sigh! It is a challenge to wait for the Lord's timing. I know the Lord plans for us to spend some time together, physically I mean, but the key is knowing when that will be. My prayer is that it will be soon, but I know that this is not something as easy as pie, know what I mean? My schedule is very tight and a bit inflexible as is his -- so we are both at the mercy of the Lord's will -- and we are trusting for the Lord to make things happen in His time, always in His time.

So for now, I can only think about visiting and spending time with him. I can only imagine what it will be like, and how much I will enjoy my visit. Until the Lord provides, I will patiently wait. I know the plans the Lord has for me are good, so very good, and therefore, I will wait for His perfect plan to come to pass. I want His best for my life, for every area of my life, and that means I must allow everything He has in mind to take place, every opportunity, every challenge, every step. There is no reason to rush, to panic, or to feel pressure because the Lord knows what He is doing in my life, in his life, and in the life we will share together. Yes, of this I am certain...the Lord does intend for us to be together. It is difficult to not want to share that news with friends and family, but the longer I spend time with my love, the more convinced I am that he is a gift sent from Heaven above. Yes, I believe that the Lord has sent to me my perfect fit, the best companion, and the most amazing man -- really the man of my dreams. God has provided to me the most wonderful, most blessed, and most satisfying relationship of my life...thus...I don't mind waiting for His will to come to pass. I cannot imagine anything more perfect from the Lord...yet each day...I feel more and more blessed, more and more confident, and more and more secure in these next steps.

Until then...I rest completely in the Lord's care, in His provision, and in His protection. He has me well covered, so well covered.

Today is a good day, a very good day. I am thanking the Lord for His manifold blessings, and for the security and the love He has provided to me. I cannot think of anything I want or need for today, His manna has been sufficient, it has been enough, and I am well cared for, so well covered. God is good, so very good to me! Selah!


No comments: