September 15, 2015

Making Good Progress

It is Tuesday, and I am well. In fact, I would say that I am exceptionally well today. I cannot tell you why, other than to say that I have made a small breakthrough, and even though it is small, it seems to have caused a watershed of progress. God is good, so very good to me. Yesterday, I was feeling battered and bruised, and generally out of sorts all day long. In fact, by the time I got home, I felt so worn out that I ended up crashing hard and sleeping for about 2 hours. I woke up, and the rest of the evening was spent in a groggy haze. Today, it seems, has brought a new perspective, a fresh hope, and a change for the better. I feel well, and for that, I give all the thanks, all the honor, and all the praise to the Lord! He is good, so very good to me!

Making Progress

Yes, I may have taken some steps backward, but today, I am striving forward, and I am seeing progress. I am pleased because I feel like the fog and the clouds have lifted, and I am now able to see the future more clearly. I am excited to say that while I don't have everything figured out, I do seem to have some clarification on my direction, on my purpose, and on the plans the Lord has for me. Thus, in and of itself, I feel confident that I am moving in the right direction, and that the feelings I experienced the past couple weeks were simply spiritual oppression and the realization of the finality of death of a young person, cut short by his own hand, and the ramifications of his actions as his family is left to deal with the sadness, sorrow, and the loss of his presence each day.


Looking forward rather than backward is a gift, a gift that is given in order to help us stay focused on the future rather than the past. I know that I spend a great deal of time reflecting on my life, and I review the details of the specific events with scrutiny. I do this so that I can learn from my choices, my mistakes, and I can take some "new nugget of truth" with me that will help me make good choices in the future. I use my past to sort out my feelings, my emotional stance, and I allow the truth of the reality of my experience to help shape and influence my current life as well as all the choices I may make tomorrow. It is self-reflection, and as such, I am able to learn from my life, almost as a person learns something from reading a good book. My life is a book, and I see just how the chapters of my early life have ended. My current days and my future are in process, and the ending hasn't been written yet, so I can choose how to make my life better (within the Lord's overarching will, for certain).

Today, I consider where I am and I look forward to tomorrow. I am excited about the future, the plans the Lord has, and where He intends to take me. I know He will never leave me, and He is helping me make good decisions day in and day out now. I trust Him, and I am learning how to lean on Him. I am yoked to Him, and I am learning how to keep stride with Him. I am learning not to pull on the yoke, but to let the yoke sit lightly upon my shoulders. I am seeing the blessing of walking step by step, and not rushing up or lagging behind. I can see how this inline progress is steady, and how my reliance on Him as Master and Leader helps me to keep pace, to not grow overly weary or to wear out before my journey ends. He is good to keep me at His side. I rest, I trust, and I let go of the burden of trying to do everything in my own strength, in my flesh. Instead, I let Him lead me, guide me, and walk beside me. It is good, so very good.


My future is secure in Him. AlI my hopes, my dreams, and my desires are bound up in His work, His name, and in His plans for my life. I walk with Him, securely next to Him, where I am safe, where I am well-cared for, and I know that my journey is good, it is very good. Now, I trust Him to carry me through to the end, and to never leave me or give me up. I am His, and He is mine. We are companions on this life journey, and we walk together as friends and as family. He is so good to me, so very good to me. I love the Lord with my whole heart, and I look up to Him. I look away from my feet of clay and I choose to place all my faith, all my trust, and all my reliance upon Him for my every single need. He has met my needs with sufficiency, and I am well, I am so well. Selah!

No comments: