November 15, 2015

Feeling Thankful Today

It is a blessed Sunday, and I am feeling thankful. Today is a good day, a very good day, and I am resting in the peace and comfort of His blessedness. I cannot really explain it other than to say that I feel so content and at rest. I guess it is obvious to me today since the past several weeks to months has been filled with stress, and today just FEELS different. God is good, and of course, I am giving Him thanks for His presence, His provision, and His promises -- He is always faithful, and He keeps His word to me. I love the Lord with my whole heart, and I love the fact that I know for certain that the plans He has for my life are GOOD.

As I sit here and blog, it is raining outside my window. Well, it is really more of a drizzle, but still it counts toward rain! Actually, it rained earlier today and we got a fairly steady soaking for about an hour. Now the skies are cloudy and gray, and the temperature is near 60. It is a wonderful fall-like day, and I am thankful to be at home today. I did venture out to Walmart this afternoon, and I enjoyed getting splashed on as I dashed to my car in the parking lot. In all though, I am feeling so confident in my decision to stay put, to stay this course, and to see my way through to the end of my doctoral program and to focus on graduating next year.  I know the Lord has all the details of my life worked out in advance, so I can rest today and know that He is God, He is good, and He has everything planned out for me. Selah!


While I was at Walmart doing my weekend shopping, I couldn't help but think about all the things I have to be thankful for this year. It is November 15, and we have about 45 days left before 2015 is officially closed. In thinking about my year so far, I can recount so many blessings, so many special opportunities that the Lord has orchestrated in my life. I have come to believe that my life is blessed, and in that way, it seems like everything He does in and through me has some particular focus in mind. The blessing I receive from His hand shows me how much He cares for me. When I rest in His will, then I know that I am well covered, and that while my circumstances may be difficult at times, overall, I am in a good place, a safe place, and moving toward my final resting place -- all in and through His blessed Name.

I started to make a list of all that I am thankful for today, and so far this is what I have written down:

  • My life, in general
  • My health and well-being
  • My home and my family who share it with me
  • My love and his wonderful feelings toward me
  • My work as a college teacher
  • My studies for my doctoral degree
  • My interests, many of which are related to my studies or to ministry
  • My ability to play the cello (badly, yet I can play)
  • My security and provision from His hand
  • My future work as a full time professor
  • My future life yet to be lived
  • My hope of reward coming to me at the end of my days
  • My contentment and joy in His presence
  • My happiness now in and through my circumstances
I am sure there is more for me to say, but for now, this really does sum up my life. I am so very thankful for all the Lord has done for me and all that He has yet to do. Today is a good day to remember His goodness, to rest in His grace, and to give thanks for His glorious presence and that fact that we are joint heir, sharers in the mystery and majesty that is His kingdom to come. Selah!

No comments: