December 16, 2015

Giving Praise to God

It is a beautiful day here in sunny and cool Phoenix, Arizona. It is quite chilly out, but the air is clean and the sun is shining (Selah!) I am happy to be at home today, and to be able to rest and to work on my do-list this week. I have a lot of grading to do -- three classes and about 100 essay -- but I know the Lord will see me through and He will help me complete everything by the due date (12/18). I am confident in His ability, and I am trusting Him to see me through these last few tasks for the fall 2015 semester.

It has been a good semester, overall, and I am relieved that I am finished. I checked my grades yesterday, and both courses have posted. I finished Regent University with a 4.0 GPA, and that means the world to me. In truth, I think I can finally stop beating myself up and believing that I don't have what it takes to succeed in school or in life. Selah!

I am still waiting for final comments/feedback from my Professor, but I am so happy to have my grade posted. I know now that I survived this course, and that I have overcome what was one of the most difficult and challenging final semesters of my life. God is good, so very good to me! I give Him all the praise, the honor, and of course, the glory because He did this through me. I didn't do anything other than obey. I mean, I did the work, the study, the research, etc., but He gave me the insight, the motivation, and the inspiration to work hard and to succeed. In the end, my achievement was spurred on by His insistence that I could do this work. I believed His word to me, I trusted His word to me, and as a result, I experienced the fulfillment of His word -- the outcome as spoken to me. Selah!

Now I am sitting here thinking about my day and my week, and I am wondering how I will finish these last remaining tasks. It is Wednesday, and I still have quite a bit on my plate.

  • Grade essays in COM 100, ENG 105 and 106 (about 100) by 12/18
  • Complete 8 course study guides for my upcoming exams by 12/25
  • Write up a short (a page or so) summary of my new idea for my dissertation by 12/31
I know that the Lord will see me through, that He will carry me right over the finish line (Selah!) I know that I can do all things THROUGH CHRIST who strengthens me. 


Today is a good day to give thanks to the Lord. 
Today is a good day to give Him the praise that is due His holy name!
Today is a good day to remember His faithfulness.
Today is a good day to worship the Lord with all gladness and joy!




No comments: