December 25, 2015

The Savior is Born!


For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11 ESV

Today is Christmas. It is a day to remember the Savior, Christ our Lord. It is a day to enjoy the blessing of family and friendships. It is a day like any other, but still it is a day reserved for His praise. I thank the Lord today for what I do have instead of what I lack. I turn my thoughts toward what is to come rather than what has passed. I wait with hopeful expectancy, with cheerful anticipation, and with the joy of the Lord knowing that my Savior lives. He reigns, and some day very soon, He will come again. Come, Lord Jesus, come! Do not tarry, but come quickly! Amen. Selah!


Joy to the world! The Lord has come
Let earth receive her King!
Let every heart prepare Him room

And heaven and nature sing
And heaven and nature sing
And heaven, and heaven and nature sing

Joy to the world! the Savior reigns
Let men their songs employ
While fields and floods
Rocks, hills and plains
Repeat the sounding joy
Repeat the sounding joy
Repeat, repeat the sounding joy



No comments: