January 4, 2016

First Day of Spring Semester

It is the first day of school, and part of me is excited. The other part wants to stay home! LOL! Yes, the part that wants to stay at home is the part of me that didn't get a good night's sleep last night. I laid awake for two hours, then when I did start to sleep, I dreamed the strangest dreams all night long. On top of that, my boys, Ike and Winston, were intent to get me up and out to the kitchen at 6:00 a.m. Sigh!

I survived, of course, and I am giving all praise to God for this semester's schedule. I teach MWF's only, and my first class doesn't begin until 12:30 p.m. Praise God! This means that even with my poor night's sleep, I don't have to get up and moving right away. I can sit and blog a bit, drink my coffee, and slowly prepare for my afternoon classes. I am pleased with this schedule, it suits me well, and it gives me plenty of down time this semester so I can focus on my BIG TASK, studying and passing my written and oral comprehensive exams.

Today is a good day, then. It is warm and wet here in Phoenix. It is supposed to rain all day, and I think we will have rain all week long. The only negative of rain is that I have to walk back and forth across campus, but still, rain is a nice change from our ever-sunny days. I am loving the rain, loving my life, and loving the way the Lord has made for me to go.


Making Decisions and Such: Next Steps

I have decided to let the whole "I need a job" slide for the next 10 weeks. You know, no point in stressing over something I cannot change" especially when I have other, more important things to worry over. Yes, I know the Lord has me covered, and that He has a great plan for my life. One of the things I have done, well one of the things I am doing (present/active) is to not let my life as a professor (title) determine the course of events. I am thankful for this position, for the opportunity to teach college, but I understand that I must go and do whatever type of work will develop my skills and abilities for the Lord's work. I want to be flexible and fluid -- mouldable and shapable -- to do whatever He calls me to do. Thus, I am holding my hand open, and letting this THING, the position and title, go. If the Lord wants me to remain as a professor, then He will bring me a full-time salaried position. If He wants me to move into a different type of work, so be it. I know He will provide for my needs with sufficiency. Until then, I will focus on what I must, and that is to finish out my courses at Regent.

Dear Lord,

My life is in your hands today. Whatever you desire for me, I ask now that you would allow it to come to pass. I am trusting you, placing all my faith in you. My hopes, my desires, and my wants are in your control. Whatever you want for me, I willingly receive and accept. I ask now, Lord, that you would do what you think is best in every area of my life. I let go the control, the power, and the authority to choose, to decide, and to determine the outcome. Instead, I embrace your plan fully because I know that what you desire is always for my good, always in my best interest. I ask all this now in the matchless and merciful Name of Jesus, amen! So be it, thy will be done! Selah!

No comments: