February 26, 2016

I PASSED!!

Well, it is official. I passed my qualification exams, and I am now ABD! I am still in a state of shock about it, but I trust my professors that I really did pass. This day has been surreal. I woke up around 5 a.m. (3 a.m) and thought, "you've got to be kidding!" I absolutely couldn't imagine pulling myself out of bed so early. I tucked my head back under the covers, and slept until about 6:30 when it finally felt warm enough to get up. It was chilly today, but the sun was out, and the weather was lovely. I mean, LOVELY. I love February - the partly cloudy skies - the cold days, yes, I couldn't help remember what it was like growing up in Illinois. It was so NICE to walk across campus in the early morning hours today. Sigh!

I have to admit that I was nervous today. I had prayed over my colleagues defense during her session, and she reported that she felt absolutely calm. I am so thankful for God's mercy at her covering. She was apprehensive last evening, so it was sheer joy to hear her say that her defense was FUN (I had prayed for it to be so!) God is so good, so very good to me.

My defense was simply weird. My professors were all laughing and having a great time. I was told that if they were laughing, then that meant you were doing really well. I don't know about that or not, I just tried to keep things light and lively because it made me less nervous. I think I goofed some, but generally, I tried my best, and I seemed to swim through the nets without getting myself too caught in anything. I am so glad this is over, behind me now. I am still feeling that "let down" that seems to occur when you finish a major project and then think, "so what is next?" Oh my goodness! God has made this possible, so I give Him all the praise, the glory, and the honor. He alone is worthy to be praised this good, good, good day.

2 comments:

Mama Squirrel said...

Many, many congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Carol! You're an inspiration. :-)