March 27, 2016

He is Risen!


It is a blessed Resurrection Sunday here in beautiful and warm, Phoenix! I am back from worshiping the Lord at my former church, Paradise Church. My parents still attend this church, as do many of their friends (and mine). It is always good to visit and to enjoy spending time with this special family of believers. Paradise Community Church, as it is now called (was Paradise Valley Community Church, then Paradise Church), has changed over the past four to five years. It is not the same community of believers it once was, and while it still is home to many whom I know, many families have long since moved eslewhere. Paradise currently has an interim pastor, a man who is doing great work stabilizing the congregation and helping the board and members to search for a permanent replacement pastor. They have numerous challenges, mostly with staffing and membership decline, but in all, they are soldiering on with the hope that God will intervene and help restore the community by bringing new life along with many new families to the church. 

As I think about this good, good day, I am thankful for the good gifts that the Lord has provided to me. He has blessed me with abundant goodness. He has provided a good, good life to me. He has restored to me the joy of my salvation, and He has given me a future filled with hope. I am blessed, and I am thankful for His mercy and His grace. He is good to me, so very good to me! Selah!

No comments: