May 28, 2016

Confirmation

Happy Saturday! Yes, it is a beautiful Saturday here in sunny and warm, Phoenix. The skies are clear and the air is warm. The high today should be in the mid-90s, but with the low humidity, the outside temperature is not unbearable. The 100s are around the corner, and the forecast is calling for mid-100s toward the end of next week. I am so not ready for the heat of summer, but for now and until the Lord moves me elsewhere, this is my life.

Today is a good day. I am blessed, so very blessed. I am sitting here in my home office thinking about all the good the Lord has brought into my life. I am officially "hired" at Ohio Christian University, and I am scheduled to facilitate my first English Composition class mid-July. I am excited to begin teaching at this school as I believe it is the Lord's provision to help me transition to full-time online teaching. I don't know if this will be the school of His choosing, but I was greatly encouraged to receive an offer for part-time work. Furthermore, while I was perusing their website, I saw that they have just added an online Bachelors of Arts degree in English. This could mean more part-time work or it could lead to a full-time position down the road.

As I think about the Lord's provision, I realize that all my worries, fears, and doubts about money are slowly fading away. Sure, I still don't see complete coverage for summer, but I do see possibilities where before there only seemed shortfalls. Now, I see that the Lord has been telling me what would be, but in my inability to fully trust Him, I chose instead to worry rather than patiently wait in faith. Lesson learned well. As of today, I will be teaching four English composition courses and one communication course. I will be Associate Faculty at three schools, two local and one distance. My continual prayer is for the Lord to open up an opportunity where I can teach full-time online. I really see this as the answer, the solution, and while I will miss working one-on-one with students in a traditional setting, I am content to teach from a distance if this is His will for me.

My desire is to teach online simply because I think it would provide a simple solution to my relocation plans. For instance, with online work, I can move anywhere the Lord leads me. Furthermore, with online, I am no longer bound to a schedule that requires me to drive to school and back. Lastly, online allows me more free time at home to do other things. Not only can I manage my home better (less fatigue, for example), but also I can write papers, do classes (as the Lord directs) and start a ministry. I can do everything He requires of me from the comfort and convenience of my own home. I really see this as a win-win combination, and I hope that this is His will. I feel that it is, I sense it I mean, so for now, I rest while He orchestrates the jobs, the schools, and the classes that He wants me to teach. He is good, and He is faithful -- always!


No Other News

So besides my job news, I am really sitting here with little to do. I thought about working on my curriculum for fall, and I may actually do that today. Or I may just rest and let the day pass by. I don't know. I am blessed to have these days off. I am blessed to have this freedom, for sure. I am not as tired as I was earlier in the week, so perhaps I am finally getting rested, adjusted to the downtime. He is good to provide this to me, and I am thankful for the blessing of time off.

In closing today, I simply remember that He is in control of my life. He is making good things come to pass, and I am resting in the security of His promises this good day. I am resting in the One who has everything under control. There is no detail unnoticed, no issue or concern uncared for or tossed aside. He knows my needs. He understands what I can and cannot do, and since He knows the plans He has for my life, I can rest in His provision. I can trust Him to provide the right job at the right time for the right amount of pay. Furthermore, I can let Him lead me because He is not going to take me into harm's way. He is not going to let go of my hand or let me try to make ends meet. No, He is going to satisfy every need, every desire, and every sincere wish for me. This doesn't mean He does what I ask of Him; no, not at all. Rather it simply means that I have turned over these desires, wants, needs, and wishes to Him. In return, He gives to me what He wants, and I graciously and without grumbling accept what He provides to me. He will sustain me, comfort me, protect me, and provide for me. He is the VINE and I am the branch. I am to abide, lean on, and trust in Him. I rest in His abilities, knowledge, and power, and then He does everything else. He is my King, my Savior, and my LORD. I rest in Him today. He is good, so very good to me! Selah!

No comments: