June 24, 2016

Interview Today

Happy Friday! It is a good Friday here in sunny and warm, Phoenix. I slept fitfully last night. I do hate it when I cannot sleep right before a big day. Today is my interview with UHC. I am excited, of course, but I am also apprehensive and nervous. I know the Lord has me well-covered, and I am going to this interview with this thought in mind. It is His responsibility to provide for my needs. It is His hand that provides blessing, security and provision. I don't have to worry or fear about the outcome. I don't have to be concerned about whether or not I am accepted for this position. The Lord knows the position He has for me. He opens the doors of His choosing, and He leads, guides, and provides for me as I obey His command to go and walk through each opportunity He brings to me. Today is a good day to begin this next season of my life. It is a good day to start something new.

More Planned Changes

This is a short post today because I have to do a few things to "prep" for my interview, and I need to leave early enough to get to my destination, which is in downtown Phoenix. God is good to me, so very good, and I know He will help me be ready and prepared to do my best today.

I restarted my lifestyle program with Jillian Michael's "30 Day Shred" DVD yesterday. I was able to make my way through level 1 with minimal stops and starts, so kudo's on the fact that my cardio performance had only slumped slightly since I started the program back in May. I also was able to complete most of the strength moves without stopping -- even the pushups -- which amazed me.

I am mad at myself for not sticking with the program. I had such high hopes of losing 20 pounds (by now) and of being in better physical condition. I was doing so well. I was eating healthier, tracking my fitness and my diet, and I was drinking a lot of water. I took some photos of myself, and I was starting to look good again (less flab, definite tightness and some muscle). I let stress rule over me, and I gave in and up on sticking with the program. And, instead of losing the weight, I actually gained it. I added 5 pounds over the course of the past two months. UGH!

The good news is that I am determined to stick with Atkins low-carb diet and these DVDs for the next 90 days. I think part of my frustration was that I moved to level 2 and then tried a different DVD after 10 days. I burned myself out. My goal now is to complete this one program for 3 months. I am giving myself 30 days (actually 35 with Sunday's off) to maximize each level. This should make it better for me, at the least, it should help me form good habits, and that is the key to successful weight-loss.

My hope is to lose 10 pounds now, rather than 20, so I can be back to where I once was in 2015. My comprehensive exams took a toll on me physically. I was so stressed during that process that I gorged on food like it was going out of style. Now, I am suffering the ramifications of that behavior. Ten extra pounds is a lot to carry around on this petite 5' 6" frame.


I will blog more this afternoon after I return from my interview. Until then, I am praying for the Lord's will to be done in my life. I am asking Him to go before me, and to prepare a table before my enemies (figuratively speaking, of course). I am asking that He open the door and that He provide for me in a way that pleases Him. I trust Him to meet my needs. If this position is not the one for me, so be it. If this is the job He has chosen for my next steps, I am ready and I am able to do this good work. In all things, however, I give Him thanks for He is faithful. He keeps His word and His promises. He is good all the time, and all the time, He is good. Amen, so be it, thy will be done. Selah!

No comments: