June 17, 2016

Regaining Composure

It has been a difficult week, but praise to God, it is Friday! I am thanking the Lord this good, good day. He has sheltered me, covered me with His blessing and His goodness, and He has been my rock, my steady friend and companion. I am comforted today, and with His presence, He has showered His love upon me. He is good to me, so very good to me.

I woke up at 9 a.m. this morning after a very deep and restful sleep. I had a horrible headache all day yesterday, tension mostly, but with a bit of sinus pressure mixed in. It wasn't like a normal, "down for the count," type migraine. It was just annoying. Unpleasant, and not willing to go away, no matter how many Advil I took during the day. Last night, when I was ready to turn in, I put SalonPas lotion all over my neck and my shoulders. That stuff works! Yes, it burns your flesh off, but it really does work to relax the muscles. I set my ceiling fan on low so that I would have a nice breeze all night long, and before I knew it, I was fast asleep. I didn't even wake up when the cats were crying to be fed at 6 a.m. I slept soundly, undisturbed for a solid 8 hours.

I prayed to the Lord as I laid there this morning, and I asked Him if I could sleep like this every night. I am so tired of not resting well. I mean, I know I don't sleep deeply at night. Moreover, I know that the tension I carry in my shoulders and neck is so severe that I rarely relax those muscles. I am trying to work out, lift weights, and do some strength-training exercises that target this location just to get the muscles to rest a bit. Nothing works for me, and after some 36 years of this pain, you would think there would be some relief at hand. No, there is only more of the same. So last night was special. It was a good night, and I am giving all the praise to the Lord for providing me with a deep, restful night's sleep. Selah!

I am not sure why I slept so soundly. I didn't do anything special, outside of the lotion. I stayed up later than I should have, and I watched a rather violent series, "The Vikings" on Amazon Instant Prime. It was interesting, and I watched four episodes before I finally turned it off. I am not sure if it is historically accurate or not, but I think the show depicted the violence of the early middle ages well. The characters were well-written, and the actors were well-suited to their parts. The storyline was engaging, but the violence, the bloodshed and the brutality were difficult to watch. I guess I am just not into this type of abject violence (I never was). Still, I came away from watching the series thinking (and praying) how thankful I am to have been born in the 1960s and not in the 760s AD. Praise God for His providential care and concern for me. He is good, so very good to me!




Today, I am thanking the Lord for many things, notwithstanding the time or era He chose to have me live in. I am thanking Him for His grace, His goodness, and His governance in and through my life. I am giving Him praise and testimony and honor for He has seen to my life -- I mean -- He has provided a way for me to go this good, good day. I am not lost. I am not left-behind. I am held within His mighty, merciful and majestic hand, and in that way, He has me well-cared for and well-covered. I may not like my current circumstances, but I love the One who holds me dearly to Himself, who keeps me within the shelter of His almighty wings. He has tucked me safely within His pinion feathers, and here I take my refuge, and I can find my rest. There is nothing I need, for I have everything in Him alone. I am found sufficient in the One who is all-sufficient. There is no need, no burden, no worry or care that is too great for Him or too far away from His merciful hand. I know that He will never leave me nor will He forsake me. I can rest in Him as a good Father, and I can let my stress, my strain, my sorrow fall at His feet. He is well acquainted with sorrow, and He knows me so very well. I take comfort in this knowledge, and I let my needs go because I know that He has everything in order, everything in hand, and everything will come to pass as He determines it is best. I rest now, I rest in His security, in His provision, and in His goodness this good, good day. Amen, Selah!


Some Thoughts About Yesterday

Yesterday was a difficult day for me. I was grumpy all day long, and I snapped more than once at my Mom. I didn't mean to be on edge, but my heart and my mind were racing, filled with such worry, such fear, and I was wrapped up in my own thoughts more than being aware of the goings-on around me. I should have rested as the Lord has commanded me to do, but instead, I chose to be tightly wrapped up (yet again). In doing so, I missed a good day to be at peace, to experience His peace. I do this so often, and as such, I often miss out on the goodness the Lord has in mind for me. I become fixed, focused on my own needs and wants and I often misread the signs, miss the cues, and frankly, just make mistakes.

The good news is that I didn't do anything stupid. Yes, that is such good news. I mean, I didn't do anything that could change my life, alter my path or make my situation worse off. No, I just missed the opportunity to rest, to really be at peace, and in that way, I gave up a good day that was appointed to me for my best. You see, I believe that our days are not just for us to be busy, but rather they are for us to enjoy, to rest and to be at peace. This peace is His gift, and while the world is spinning out of control, God is still sovereign, and He is still holding our time and our ways in His marvelous hand. Thus, rather than griping or complaining about that which we cannot control, we can choose to focus on what we can control. In this way, we take heed of the situations, the concerns, the tasks that must be done while still remaining in a state of peacefulness. This peacefulness is not the "70's Hippie-drug-induced-state-of-peace" like is shown on old TV shows. You know, the "Peeeaaaccceee, Man!" attitude. Rather, it is a state of inward peace that places God at the center of every circumstance, every instance, and every single moment. It is the process of staying connected to the Vine (John 15), of abiding in the Vine, of being a part of something, of someone who is much greater, much larger, and much more able than yourself.


I realized that yesterday, I had come to the pinnacle of my story. I had scaled the mountain top, pushed through the hard work and effort of the past three years only to find myself standing a top a mountain that gave me clear insight and a clear view of the vista. For me, the process of getting to the top was difficult. In fact, I would say that it was horrendously difficult. Yet, here I was, standing at the top of the mountain and looking around when the truth, the reality of my life, came into clear focus. You see, as I looked around, I didn't see my destination. Instead, all I saw were more mountains in the distance. It was like as I was looking around, what I had hoped to see was the valley down below with a big RED X on it. I so wanted to see the end. I wanted to see where I was going, and that all the work to get to this point in time was taking me closer and closer to finding the end on the road map of my life. But, that was not meant to be at all. No, what I saw, what I realized is that my journey is still in process. I have so many hills and mountains to climb, and my destination rests somewhere off in the hazy mist.

In truth, I should be upset. In truth, I should be angry. I mean, I have worked so hard, sacrificed so much, and given up my days, my weeks, and my months only to arrive at the top of one lone mountain peak. You would think that after all the work, I would find some big reward, some major achievement, someone waiting there to say to me, "Well done!" Instead, I made it to the top, excited to be at the top, finally at the top, and then before my very eyes, I saw the long, long, road ahead of me. I have so far to go, so much more work, time, and effort to expend. I am not even part of the way there. I am somewhere in the middle of this journey, somewhere in the middle of the path that leads to my final destination.

As I looked around me, I felt this sense of peace come over me. I realized that the hard work, the effort, and sacrifice were all to get me to this place in time. I had to get to the top of the mountain, and in doing so, I had to give all my effort to scale what seemed unscalable. Yet, the Lord prevailed, and I made it to the top. The thought of having to go down again and then up another peak somehow didn't scare me at all. I found myself invigorated, excited, and in many ways, recharged just to think that there is so much more for me to do, to see, to experience. I am not where I need to be -- yet. I am not at my final resting place -- yet. I have to move on, continue to walk, to climb, to hike. He is not finished with me yet, and as a result, I cannot lay down to rest. I want to rest. I want to quit. I want to give up, but then I see the beautiful vista, the magnificent peaks, and I feel this urge to go, to keep on climbing. I don't want to give up. I don't want to quit. I want to finish strong. I want to climb, and climb, and climb.

What will be at the end of my journey? Ah, that is when I will experience the blessed rest He has promised from His word. I will enter His eternal rest once I have completed my journey on this earth. I will go as far as He has determined for me to go. I will do what He asks me to do, not because it will get me this thing or that achievement, but because it is all part of the path, all part of the trail I am following today. I will rest along the way. I will take breaks, and I will lie down to sleep. In His merciful care, I will find my rest so that I do not grow weary. I will take time when needed to recharge my batteries, so to speak, and then I will walk on. My journey is far from over, so while I feel at times like I cannot go on, I know that I must. I must continue to move through the days, the weeks, the months, and the years He has accorded to me. In doing so, I will come to see some amazing sites, some amazing vistas. He and I will journey together, and I am assured that He will never leave me, strand me, anywhere along the way. He is good to me, so very good to me.

The Path Before Me

As I walk on the path that is before me, I realize that it is just a path I have chosen to take. It is not "THE PATH" as in the "one right path," but rather it is just one of many paths I chose along the way. I made a decision three years ago to walk to the right instead of the left, and in doing so, I followed a trail that led me to this point in time. This path was a good choice because it presented me with challenges that I might not have had on another by-way. This path proved difficult for me, and it required great sacrifice in order to follow it through to the end. I learned much while walking on this path, and I enjoyed the scenery along the way. This path was a good path to take, and I am thankful I made the decision to walk this way.

Now I am on another path. I made a decision this week to follow a different path in order to find easier travels. I thought if I changed paths, got off the one I was on, and I tried a different path, my journey might be a bit easier, less stressful, less difficult. However, I see now that this is not the case. The path I am on now is just as challenging, just as difficult. It might look easier on face-value, but only because I cannot see what lies behind the pass up ahead. Perhaps this path will be just as difficult as the last one. Perhaps it will be even more difficult. I don't know. I just know that I have to choose a path to walk on, and I must keep on walking, moving forward to my final resting place.

It is an encouraging feeling, sense I guess, to know that the paths I have access to are neither better or worse than any other. They are just "different." Lately, well for the past six or seven years, the Lord has been saying to me that the choices I make are neither good or bad. They are neither better or best, but rather, they are simply different, alternative options available to me. I so want there to be a "best" always, you know, because best is BEST. It is like I want there to be this scale to use to rate things. I want the scale to be set from 1-10, with 10 being the absolutely BEST. This way, I know the choices I make will fall along the scale. I know what a 10 is like, and I can guess what a 9 or 8 or 7 might be like. I can handle this type of scale. Instead, I am presented with a value scale (like we use in statistics), and that scale simple rates items based upon intrinsic and extrinsic values. I cannot judge the choice fairly because there is no "good, better or best." No, I must simply evaluate the choices and then determine a way to go based on the facts presented at the time of choosing. This means that I may make mistakes in my evaluation. I may judge the facts incorrectly or I may miss some important element. Still, I have to choose a way to go, and I have to keep on moving. I cannot spend weeks, months or years analyzing the path -- I simply must pick one and go.

Choosing the Way to Go is Difficult

My dilemma all along has been being able to make a decision in the way to go. Let me explain...

As a child, my parents made all the decisions that affected my life. They chose the schools I attended, the clothes I wore, the toys I played with, etc. I pretty much grew up in a very safe, very normal, but very controlled way. The choices I made didn't come into play until I was older, say grade school age, and then the choices were more along the lines of the friends I played with (as opposed to those I excluded), the words I used in conversation, the answers I gave when asked by teachers, etc. I had limited control over my life, mostly in areas of behavior, attitude, willfulness. The daily choices that determined my life, the quality of my life, were firmly under my parents authority. This priority, internal choices belonging to me and external choices belonging to my parents, continued until I married at age 21. I never had the opportunity to learn how to make life choices before marriage because my parents held onto that responsibility until "ownership" was transferred (from my Dad to my husband). In this way, I grew up without making horrible "external" mistakes. I made plenty of internal errors -- choices -- that distanced relationships (ending some of them), hurt me personally, physically, mentally, etc., as well as choices that set me up for failure (as in school, studies, grades). In all, my life has been cocooned to the point where I never really learned how to live with mistakes or failures in judgment.

Later in life, after my married ended, I was faced with a steep learning curve, a HUGE learning curve. I had to learn how to make external choices that would affect not only my life, but also that of my son. I had to use my wisdom, judgement, and ability to analyze data in order to choose wisely. I think I have done a pretty fair job of it. I haven't acted perfectly, mind you, but I have made choices that were difficult to make (with the Lord's help and provision). For example, I made the decision to trust the Lord and return to graduate school twice. I made the decision to move out of my house and into my own place. I made the decision to change jobs six times in less than six years. [As an aside: that is a scary thought right there -- six different jobs since 2010!]

Now, I am in that same position where I am making a decision to change jobs again. I am making a decision that could alter the outcome of the next 10-20 years of my life. The good news is that I realize now that I am in a better position to make this choice. I am far more comfortable, confident, and considerate of my options now. I think having my education completed (almost) has been a benefit to me. I feel better now that my schooling is over (the classes), and that all I need to finish is my dissertation. I am very comfortable thinking about different paths simply from the standpoint of what each path has to offer me -- long term. I am less stuck in the "do what is easiest, less stressful, won't conflict with Regent" mindset. I was so worried about over-extending myself. I was worried about taking on too much responsibility and endangering my studies at Regent. But, now that my studies are completed, and I have my GPA, I am able to focus on finishing my project and then graduating. A career choice now is more about choosing wisely, a good option, than anything else.

My sense of satisfaction, my sense of completeness, well, all of that is firmly grounded in my relationship with the Lord. He is my sufficiency, the One who completes me, so any work I do (any at all) is designed for one purpose and that is to bring me to maturity. The work may vary between options, and the work my pull on or draw upon various skill sets, but the work I do will simply grow me, challenge me, temper me, etc., all in an effort to bring me to that point of stability, maturity, stature (Hebrews 6:1).

Making Good Choices 

The way to make good choices is to recognize how to choose between big and small matters. According to Frank Sonnenberg (2014), author and well-known "Thought Leader," there are seven ways to make good choices. These seven ways are:
  1. Manage the big stuff
  2. Values matter
  3. Learn from the past
  4. Know what you know and what you don't know
  5. Keep the right perspective
  6. Don't procrastinate
  7. Once you make a decision, don't look back, make it work
Sonnenberg writes (2014), "Life’s not about checking an item off your to-do list or trying to impress others with how busy you are. Life’s about being content with where you’ve been, where you are now, and where you’re going. It’s about being proud of who you are, what you represent, and the impact that you’re having on others. This begins and ends with the choices that you make" ("Seven Ways," para. 9).

I think these seven aspects to decision-making are key to understanding how easy it is to make mistakes. We all fear making a bad choice (like that bad hairstyle choice or color choice). Thankfully, many of our choices are not life-altering. Most are normal, daily life choices that have the potential to influence or impact our life in some way. For example, choosing a gas guzzling SUV may be a good choice if you haul a trailer every single weekend, but not if you commute around town or on the freeway five-days a week. The pricey luxury car might look really, really good in your driveway and make you feel like a $1M bucks, but if you cannot afford to keep it in running condition or service it when it needs to be serviced, it might be better to forgo the "feelings" and choose an economical and easy to maintain vehicle that still looks good, but will not break the bank all the time. The same is true for a career (where I struggle most). Taking a low-paying job that offers internal satisfaction (such as social work, counseling or teaching) might leave you feeling that you are a contributing member of society, but if you cannot pay your bills, keep a roof over your head, or feed your children, it might be better to seek a job that offers more stability and a better return on your time investment. Conversely, choosing a high-powered, high-paying job that promises advancement and other "perks and benefits" might not be the best choice if you suffer from stress-related illness (stomach, head, or heart issues). Putting yourself in a position of power might make you "feel" like a winner on the inside, all the while it is killing you physically, draining you mentally, and beating you emotionally.

Of these seven ways to make good decision, several points resonate with me, namely 1, 3, 6, and 7. With regard to managing the big stuff, Sonneberg states that managing the big stuff means you are focused on the "things that matter" in your life. For example, if you are focused on trivial matters, all the little things life throws at you, you may miss out on the big things like family, friendships, relationships, etc. What captivates your time? Is it the daily grind or the things that really matter most. If your decisions are only geared toward managing the grind, you more than likely are not able to enjoy the blessings of the important things in your life.

Likewise, Sonneberg writes that it is important to learn from your past choices. It is valuable to consider times when you were faced with a choice that was similar to the one you need to make now. How are those experiences similar? What did you learn from the past that you could use today to help you make a wise decision?

Procrastination is the death-knell in so many situations. Procrastinate means to put off or delay taking action (Dictionary.com). How many times have you put off doing something only to find you were either had to cram to make a deadline or you missed the deadline completely. I try to teach my students the lesson of procrastination by helping them manage their time more wisely. It never fails, though. I always have one or two students who put off assignments until the last week of school. They will ask for extensions, and even when granted, they will fail to submit their assignments and will end up earning an "F" in the class. Procrastination is a habit we cultivate when we do not plan our time, when we do not want to deal with difficult situations, and yes, when we do not want to make a hard choice. Sometimes procrastination can have disastrous results. Think about the Titanic or another major disaster that could have been avoided by better planning, proper timing, etc. Sonneberg says, "The philosopher Voltaire warned against letting the perfect be the enemy of the good" (para. 7), and I like this reminder. Perfection and the need to make perfect choices is a sure-fire way to allow procrastination to enter into the decision-making process. There are no perfect choices, so just pick one, just decide and go for it.

Number 7, thus, is the penultimate way to make a good choice. It is the "rubber meets the road" way to handle choices and decision-making. How many times do we second-guess our decisions? I know I do this always. I go over decisions a thousand times, looking at them this way and that, just to see if I really made the "best" choice. The problem is that knowledge is often gained through hindsight. I mean, what I know today is more invested that what I knew back when I had to make a difficult decision. I have had the benefit of experience to prove me right or wrong. I have had learning experiences that colored my perspective. All of this extra knowledge came to me because of the choice I made. Thus, to review a decision in the current light of new knowledge will never help you. It can only inform future choices that are similar in nature. Sonneberg says, "You can’t relive the past. It’s a waste of valuable time and energy" (para. 8).

As I think about my life, relive the past (which I do often), I realize that I tend to second-guess my decisions as a matter of perspective. There is truth to be learned from analyzing the past, but only so much information is helpful when it comes to making choices in the "here and now." For example, I can look back at some recent decisions I made, and in doing so, I can see why I made them. In reflecting impartially (as much as that is possible), I am able to see the rationale behind the choices I made.
  • Divorce. I chose to allow my husband to divorce me after many months of separation. I could have remained married, but at the time when he asked me for a divorce, it was clear that he had no intention of wanting to reunite. He wanted out of the marriage, and even though I delayed the inevitable for a year, I finally relented knowing that the only way forward in my life was to let this chapter of it close. Although divorce is never easy, and it certainly isn't fun, choosing to let the divorce happen was a good choice for me. I have experienced greater freedom, joy, and opportunity as a single person, and I am not living with someone who didn't want to be with me or be a part of my family.
  • UOPX. I was working part-time at Macy's and finding the grueling nature of the work to be incompatible with my well-being. In short, I was physically unable to stand on my feet for 8 hours a day. I had been applying for work for almost 18 months, and nothing was happening for me (no offers). I saw the job posting for UOPX, applied and was hired within a week. What is a perfect job? No. It solved my initial problem of standing all day, but it replaced it with sitting all day (and being tied to the phone). It was a better choice than Macy's and it worked in my favor to move me from my home to my own place. In all, it was a good choice for me.
  • CVS. I left UOPX because being tied to the telephone and having to make "robo calls" all day long was draining mentally. Furthermore, the job was "iffy" when it came to long-term stability. I didn't enjoy the work itself, so moving to CVS and taking a position in communications was a good thing. I loved this job. I loved the work I did, and I loved the environment. It was a good choice to move to this position. I bought a new car thanks to the greater salary, and I learned how to travel on my own. I also took on far more responsibility, and I learned how to do data analysis and problem resolution. CVS was a good choice for me, even though eventually I left because of the toxic environment and some management decisions that seemed unfair and unjustified.
  • GCU. I made the decision to take a part-time job at GCU out of fear. Yes, it was fear that motivated me to leave CVS when I did, and it was fear that prompted me to take a part-time low-paying position instead of waiting for a more stable business position elsewhere. Of all the jobs I second-guess, GCU is the one. I made the decision to "try teaching" because I wanted to know if it would be a good fit for me. I already knew that my skills were aligned well with working in a business analyst position. I already knew that standing on my feet and talking all day were not going to work well for me, but I had always wanted to teach, so I took a chance and started teaching at GCU. Now, mind you, the path through teaching has been fraught with challenges, none of which comes up to the fact that the salary was non-liveable wage. Yet, I made the choice, tried it out, and within two months realized I had made an error. It was not what I thought it would be, not the way I thought it would be. In hindsight, moving to GCU was a nominal choice for me. It did serve to give me experience, and I did find the challenge and the interaction stimulating. But the negative offset the positive, so in reality, this path was not the best decision I could have made for the long-term.
  • Centene. Shortly after coming to terms with my time at GCU, I realized I needed a job that would take care of me like the previous two did. I found a job online, applied, and was quickly hired. I worked for this company for 30 days before I was conflicted, and found myself second-guessing my decision. I quit and returned to GCU where I have remained since. In hindsight, this was a God-provision for me. It was a very good job, not perfect, but good. It paid well, and it offered a good career progression. I simply failed to see it as a gift. I saw it for all the negative associated with it -- no work, boring days, long drive. I turned away from it, and since that day (2013), I have grieved my decision. Centene was a good decision. It would have provided well for me while I was finishing my program. Leaving Centene, was a poor decision on my part. As a result, I have been in dire straits financially since, and I have never experienced success in the same way as when I was there.
I have revisited the past, considered objectively why I made choices and the outcomes of those choices. In reflection, I realize that the best decisions I made were made for factual, logical, and realistic reasons (I needed to work closer to home, more pay, less stress, physically better, etc.). The worst decisions I have made were based on emotional reasons (fear).

Now, I am at this place again. I must choose a way to go, and I must revisit my past to learn from the experiences I had. I realize that I can do a couple things:
  1. I can stay put and remain where I am now OR
  2. I can make a different choice and go forward (take my chances on a new way) OR
  3. I can wait (delay making a decision) until the circumstances force my hand
Logically Analyzing the Options

As I consider the options I have before me, I realize that I need to make a decision that is not life-altering or life-changing. It is simply a matter of preference. Do I prefer to remain doing what I am doing for the next 10-20 years and risk never making a decent income or having financial security OR do I go a different way, a way that assures me a paycheck and a good job doing work I am well-suited to do.  The best way to decide is to consider some questions:
  • When I look forward to next year what does my life look like?
  • Which path will offer resolution to the big problems I am facing (income, mostly)?
  • Which path will offer me the most advancement or career progression?
  • Which path will help me be responsible for my life and take care of the needs for my future?
Clearly, the answer is to take a different path. It has nothing to do with emotions, but only with facts. The facts of the case are evident. I cannot earn a decent living teaching adjunct. I cannot find a full-time faculty position that will pay me a decent living wage. I cannot find a full-time faculty position at all, not in AZ and not anywhere in the USA. This path has come to an end. The road has hit a road block and to remain on it means I would be forced to hike off trail.



I can keep on walking this way, but the path is not clear. There is no trail to follow. Whereas the other path is obvious. It is well-traveled, well-marked, and a solid surface. It is clear to me that while I may choose to remain where I am, I must not remain here out of emotional attachment or sentimental reasons. I must choose rationally, logically, and practically speaking. This means that I cannot attach spiritual sentiment (thinking that I am called here because I am not). I must make a wise choice, and the wise choice is to return to the path the Lord presented to me back in 2013. The path that offered the best outcome, but the path I chose to neglect.

New Mountains to Scale

If anything, I think I finally understand how this whole map analogy works. I mean, I get that our life as a Christ-follower is similar to a person taking a trip and using a map to guide them to their destination. The map is a combination of the Word of God, and the Holy Spirit, our paraclete, who is our companion. We navigate through life using His Word to guide us, but we also listen to the Holy Spirit, who helps us to understand when we are in error, in the process of making an unwise choice. If we are sensitive to His movement, we recognize that He desires us to listen to Him, to heed His counsel, and in doing so, to follow as He leads us in Christ Jesus. Yet, so often we lean on our own understanding, and we rely on our own interests, passions, and other devices to make decisions. More so, we often make sentimental decisions because they make us feel good about ourselves. We emotionally decide on things (like impulse buying). We also emotionally run away from things that scare us or hurt us. Sometimes, though, we have to stand our ground, stand up to the enemy, the giant we face, and with our five smooth stones, remember how big our God is, and how He is able to overcome even the most formidable foe.

Today, I have made a choice. It is not life-altering, per se, though it will take me in a different direction. I have chosen to do the right thing, the good thing, the practical thing. I have chosen to follow a different path to see where it may take me. I realize that my journey is far from over, and that my work, the work I do for Christ, has just begun. My work is not related to the job I do nor is my job the outlet for this work. My job is just a way to earn an income, a way to do good practical work every day. It is provision from the hand of God, and as such, it is neither "here nor there." My job thus is to follow Him wherever He leads me, and to do the work unto His name so that He receives the praise and the honor. Thus, I choose to take a different road today only because it is clearly marked out for me. It is clearly the way to go.


Update: Interview Request

So after I posted this article this morning, I got myself showered and dressed. I was praying in the shower, just confessing to the Lord and thanking Him for His provision, timing, and goodness. When I got back to my desk, I checked my email and I had two emails from UnitedHealth Group for the job I applied to yesterday. This is a Business Analyst role, something I am acceptable to doing (not my favorite position) and have done in the past. I am open to the work, it suits my personality, and my abilities. It would be a good start for me with this company, and in time, I would be able to move up or out depending on the Lord's provision. I have to complete a digital video interview today or tomorrow (today most likely) and then we will see what happens. I believe that if the Lord wants me to be hired in this position, then He will move ahead of me, give me favor, and show me blessing in and throughout the process. At this point, He knows my needs, and He knows that I need a regular job that will provide a good salary and benefits for me.

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. ~Psalm 136:1 NLT

Update: Interview Completed

I was asked to complete a digital interview this morning. I really do not think that video recordings are the most "user friendly," but I understand why large employers use them. These tools make it easier on the recruiter so they don't have to have phone interviews with every potential candidate. I did my best, and I am praying it is blessed. Now to rest and enjoy the weekend. God has this all in His hand, and I am well-covered, so well-covered.

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. ~Deuteronomy 31:8 NIV




References

Sonneberg, F. (2014). 7 Ways to Make Good Choices. Retrieved from http://www.franksonnenbergonline.com/blog/7-ways-to-make-good-choices/

No comments: