August 16, 2016

First Day of School

Good morning, world! It is August 15th, and it is the first day of school for me at Arizona Christian University. I am set to teach Introduction to Communication this fall, and as of today, the online system says I have 7 students. I had hoped for 9-10, but I won't know if any new adds are included until class starts at 9:00 this morning. I wasn't excited about teaching this class again (it is my 3rd time), but my chair at ACU always assigns it to me, so I think he likes what I do with the class. Either that or he just needs me to teach it (LOL!) In truth, I actually started to get excited about the class last week. I had put off looking at the syllabus until then simply because I really do not enjoy updating it each year. This year, however, I found that the process was a lot easier. More so, as I reviewed the book (skimmed it), I realized that I really do enjoy this intro class, and the material is very good. It has taken me three years to make that discovery (Ha ha!) I guess this means that I am getting more comfortable with the subject AND more comfortable teaching the material. In all, I am looking forward to another semester and to getting to know a whole new group of students at my school.

Well, the morning came and went without any glitches, and praise be to God, my first class of the year went well. I think it is going to be a good semester.

This is just a short blog post, mostly because I am running behind. I sure will be glad when I get my car back (no more sharing). The Lord has me covered, and I know He has this all figured out. Until Wednesday...may the Lord cover me in every way and grant me His abiding peace this good, good day. Selah!


No comments: