September 19, 2016

Plans for Today

It is Monday…good Monday, and I am so relieved, so relieved. I passed a good night, even though I didn't fall asleep right after I turned into bed last night around 10:40 p.m. I think I finally drifted off to sleep around 12:00, but when the dawn broke, I was wide awake and ready to get "at" my day. I didn't get up, oh no! I mean, why spoil a perfectly good morning and get up before I absolutely had to get up? Still, I feel good, and for that reason alone, I am praising His holy name! Selah!

It is week 4, 5 and 6 at my schools (GCU, Regent, and ACU), respectively. It is a good day and a good week. I am feeling well, praise God, and I am relaxed and rested from my very long weekend. Yes, I worked my proverbial backside off trying to finish my chapter 2 and 3 revisions, and thanks be to the God above, I did it. I submitted my revisions to my professor before 9 p.m. last evening. I cannot believe I revised almost 45 pages of content in just 20 hours of work, but I did, and I am thanking the Lord for His grace and His mercy. He is good, so very good to me!

The Week Ahead

As my new week begins, I am ready to tackle completing my proposal as well as care for my students (on campus and online). My prayer this week is to stay focused, to not give up or in, and to remain constant in my approach. I am determined to persevere, and that means, to be disciplined and steady. I am running this race of faith to win, and not to limp over the finish line with a big THUD! No, I am running this race as though I am a disciplined endurance runner, ready, prepared, equipped, and trained for every good work the Lord has in mind for me.

Many of my colleagues are sitting their comprehensive exams this week. Of course, I am praying for their good success, but I cannot help remember how I felt last February when I was ready to face those dreaded two-days of exams. Oh my goodness! I was a ball of nervous energy, and I was so stressed that I barely could function. Thanks to God, I passed, and I know my colleagues will all do well too. Still, I cannot help but feel for them as they tackle what will be the second most difficult part of their PhD program.

Yes, the second most difficult part simply means that writing the dissertation is by all accounts, the first most difficult part! LOL! I am thankful to be where I am today, even though I would have rather finished my proposal in May and spent the summer collecting data. The Lord had a different plan for me, so despite the delay, I feel good about where I am now. I have a much better handle on what I am about to do, how to do it, and what the outcome will be as I do it, than at any time prior to this week. The Lord was good to me this weekend. He not only helped me revise my work, but He provided clarity of focus and a renewed determination to get this proposal done. Now, I need to wait for my professor to review it, and Lord willing, he will give me the "two thumbs up" so I can prepare my formal presentation. God is good, so very, very good to me.

In Closing

I am about to head back over to campus now, so this blog post is short and sweet. I am giving God all the glory for His marvelous work today. I am thanking and praising Him for His provision and His goodness. My life is on the upswing, and I can feel that good things are on their way. Yes, good, His good, is about to be released into my life, and I can feel it. He is worthy, so worthy to be praised, honored and glorified this good, good day!

No comments: