October 8, 2016

Saturday, Oh Saturday!


It is a good day today, despite the fact that I feel pretty lousy. I am not sure why I feel so bad, but I do. At first, I thought it was a virus of some sort. Now, though I am thinking it might be stress. Hmm...

I've not felt well for the past couple days. I have had recurring headaches, migraine with sinus pain, and this annoying and at times painful stomach ache. The pain is not horrific or anything, more like a muscle spasm that comes and goes. I thought it was something I ate, then a virus, but now I am wondering if it is just the effects of stress. I can almost pinpoint the day that this all started, and since then, I have felt progressively worse. This leads me to believe that stress is causing these symptoms and the sooner I deal with the stress, the sooner I will start to feel better. Okay, enough said on that point. I know what to do, and I will do it.

In other news, life is steady and plodding on as usual. I am busy today and tomorrow with grading, but hopefully, I will get out to the store later to pick up some items I need. I also have to finish proofing my paper so that I can send it to my professor for his final review before it goes out to my committee members. I am pretty much done with my proposal, but I would like to spend a little time today going back over it for a final check. I am sure it will be fine, so with this final push, I've got to let it go. I am ready to move on, and this proposal must be done today. Praise God, I believe in faith that it will be done today. Amen! So be it, thy will be done!


He is Good to Me

I woke up feeling cruddy, like really cruddy. I have been sick the past three-four days, and frankly, I was hoping to feel better today. In truth, I do feel better. Miraculously, I feel better. I have decided it is my back and not my stomach. After some "googling," I read up on my symptoms and one of the possible causes for my low, low pelvic pain is referred pain from the sacral region in the low back. Well, enough said (as in above) because that is my no-go zone. I injured my sacral region back in 1992, and I have never had a day without pain. So after ruling out all the other nasty things (no other symptoms), I decided to put some heat in that area and "bingo-presto" the pain has subsided. God is good, I mean it, He is so very good to me.

This brings me to today's verse from Psalm 13. In verses, 5-6 we read,

But I have trusted in Your faithful love;
my heart will rejoice in Your deliverance.
I will sing to the Lord
because He has treated me generously.


I am giving the Lord praise today for a number of reasons. First off, He has been faithful to me, generous toward me. Verse 6 says, "He has treated me generously," and I cannot argue with this point at all for it is the absolute truth. He has been faithful and kind and generous to me. I am blessed, so very blessed, and His love never ends, never ceases, and in and through it all, He is always with me. He is my ever present help in times of trouble (Psalm 46:1). Selah!

Second, as I am thinking about my life going forward, the work that must be done between now and graduation, well, my knees shake, my heart fails, and I am overwhelmed and panicked. But, my Savior God and my King, is my ROCK and my REFUGE this good day.  Isaiah 26:4 (HCSB) says, "Trust in the Lord forever, because in Yah, the Lord, is an everlasting rock!" He is my everlasting ROCK, and I place my trust in Him today, tomorrow and every day henceforth. He is worthy, so worthy to be praised this good, good day.

Third, my current situation is not the end-all or be-all of my life. So while I am stressed, majorly stressed, I have my hope set securely and firmly in God alone. 1 Peter 1:3 (HCSB) says,

Therefore, with your minds ready for action, be serious and set your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

In this verse, I am reminded that my hope is set in Jesus Christ, and not only for my salvation and eternal destination, but for every day -- for today. Without hope that my Lord lives, there is no reason for tomorrow. I love the Gaither song that says "Because He lives...I can face tomorrow..."

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone,
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!

So while I am overwhelmed, faced with incredible challenge and difficulty, I know that I can carry on. I can do what is asked of me, not because I rely on my own strength or abilities, but because my Savior lives -- He has the power, the magnificence, and the ability -- to see me through this present trial and bring me victoriously to the other side.

Last, as I plan for this day, deal with the uncomfortableness of my physical ailments, I remember that everything I do, no matter how small or large, I do for His praise, His honor, and His glory. Yes, in all things, I do my work to bring Him praise (1 Cor. 10:31).


In Closing

This is a good day despite the way I feel. I push on, march on, and I keep faith because He is faithful to me. I look up, I wait for Him, I rely on Him, and I say with a humble heart and mind,

O, Lord, I cannot do this today, but I know you can and you will!

He is able...more than able to accomplish everything that concerns me this good, good day! Selah!

No comments: