November 12, 2016

Reset, Ready and Rolling

It is a great day today. I am sitting at my desk and working steadily on my very large to-do list. Today I have several major tasks, and my deadline for completion of them is by tomorrow midnight. It is a challenge, no doubt, but I am confident that I will do well and complete everything before time runs out.

The good news is that I have finished downloading all my data, and for that, I am thankful. I copied my 15 megachurch websites and now I am ready to begin coding the data for analysis. My prayer is to tackle that job next weekend. I really want to start my analysis the week of Thanksgiving. Hopefully, I will stay on track through the coming week and get everything else out of the way and then I will be “set” to make the jump to the very next stage in the process. Woohoo!

For now, though, I have to focus on the to-do items that are teacher-related, and that means grading everything that has been turned in thus far. God is good to me, and I know that He will provide the means to do just that — to help me finish strong. I am placing my faith in Jesus, my trust in my Lord, and I am resting in His sufficiency this good, good day.


Feeling Better, All Things Considered

I am feeling better. I stayed off of Facebook for two days, and while I did check in briefly earlier this morning (to say happy birthday to a friend), I have been off again all day long. It feels so good to break the cycle of addiction and to take control over my time. I mean, I know that I was using social media as a drug of sorts, especially to combat boredom. Now, though, I do feel that I can say no to the pull and only check in every so often. For example, my niece is getting married next weekend. I am sure my sister-in-law will post some pictures online. I would like to see these photos as well as share them with my parents. I just don’t want to get sucked back into the mayhem, you know what I mean? I unfollowed another person today, without even reading what they had said, simply because it was political and I could tell it was more of the finger pointing that has been going round this past week. I just skipped over it, and moved on. It felt good to say, “I can like you, care about you, but I don’t have to listen to you anymore.”

In time, I hope to simply lose interest in all social media, but for now, the key is to use restraint, which is what I am doing. I am choosing to say, “no” and to hold the line firmly.

As I think about my day, the plans I have for it, one thing is for sure — I am where God wants me to be. I may not like everything I am seeing around me, but I know I am safe and secure. I am no longer panicked by the wicked I see online. I am no longer worried about my days or ways; rather, I am strong in Him, and I am standing firmly clothed in the armor of God, ready and waiting for the big battle. He is good, He is King, and He has overcome the world. I rest in His victory, in His way, and I know that I am good because He is with me, for me, and surrounding me with His blessing, His grace, and His favor this good, good day. Selah!


No comments: